Global Recovered Carbon Black Market is segmented By Type (Furnace Black, Channel Black, Thermal Black), By Application (Tire, Non Tire, Coatings, Inks), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2020-2027
- The Global Recovered Carbon Black Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 49.15% during the forecasting period (2020-2027). Recovered carbon black is a material derived from scrap tires by pyrolysis.
- It typically contains 10–20% by weight non-carbonaceous material and is free of wire and fabric. It is not the same as furnace carbon black.
Market Growth Drivers and Restraints
- The primary drivers of recovered carbon black are its durability and growing environmental regulations on carbon black. Owing to low ash content, recovered carbon black is widely accepted in applications such as automotive, rubber, and plastics.
- Additionally, enormous growth in the automotive industry and automobile production is also driving the global recovered carbon black market since the recovered carbon black is used in the manufacture of automotive tires and rubber products.
- For instance, according to OICA, global automobile production between 2000 and 2017. From 2012 to 2017 the production rate has grown up by approximately 7.5%.
- Recovered carbon black suppliers are facing few difficulties in supplying it in bulk as it is highly expensive — all these factors hindering the market growth.
Market Size and Segmentation Analysis
- Based on the application the global recovered carbon black market is broadly segmented as coatings, inks, tire, non-tire, plastics, and others.
- Tire applications are holding dominant share in 2018 owing to its use to impart color to tires. Additionally, it is commonly used in several parts of tires such as inner-liners, sidewalls, carcasses, treads, based on performance requirements.
- In the forecast period, it is predicted that the non-tire application will account for the significant market share owing to its use in various products such as conveyor belts, gaskets, seals, rubber sheets, rubber roofing, and others. It is also used in footwear rubber to impart abrasion resistance.
- The growth of this application is associated with the increase in the rubber industry and the rising need for environmentally-friendly products.
The Recovered Carbon Black Market is segmented based on :
- Global recovered carbon black market is segmented by geographic region which includes North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- The Asia Pacific occupies the dominant share in the recovered carbon black market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% in the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for viable products from the growing automotive and tire industries.
- Additionally, the growing production of rubber products, plastics and stringent government regulations to use environment-friendly products is driving the market in this region. For instance, according to the International Rubber Study Group (IRSG), the Asia-Pacific rubber production was reached to 8.01 million tons in 2017.
Recovered Carbon Black Manufacturers
- Significant players in the global recovered carbon black market are Pyrolyx, Delta-Energy Group, SR2O Holdings, Black Bear Carbon, Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB, Integrated Resource Recovery, Klean Industries, DVA Renewable Energy JSC, Bolder Industries, Enrestec, Doublestar Group, and others.
- Product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, and expansions are the few strategies adopted by players to increase market competitiveness and their share in the market.
- For instance, in October 2018, Pyrolyx USA, a subsidiary of Pyrolyx constructed a plant at Terre Haute, Indiana, US with the capacity of 40,000 tons of end-life-tires per year, approximately 13 kilotons of recovered carbon black, 6.2 kilotons of steel and 17.5 kilotons of pyrolysis oil. In June 2018, Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB signed a memorandum of understanding with Tradecraft Limited, a tire recycling company to establish a recycling plant in New York.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the recovered carbon black market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in the recovered carbon black market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the recovered carbon black market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Buy this report
Request new version