Global Carbon Black Market is segmented by Type (Channel Black, Acetylene Black, Furnace Black, Gas Black, Lampblack, Thermal Black), by Grade (Standard Grade, Speciality Grade), By Application (Tire Rubber, Non-tire Rubber, Plastics, Inks and Paints & Coatings, Others), By End-User Industry (Transportation, Industrial Applications, Printing & Packaging, Construction, Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Carbon Black Market Overview
The Carbon black market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.85% from 2022-2029.
- Carbon black is a material formed by the incomplete combustion of petroleum products such as coal tar.
- Carbon black is produced either by thermal decomposition or partial combustion method, which includes oil or natural gas as a feedstock.
- It is produced by four different processes, which are furnace black process, channel process, and acetylene black process, and Lampblack process.
Carbon Black Market Scope and Summary
By Type, By Grade, By Application, By End-User Industry and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other key insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
Carbon Black Market Drivers and Restraints
- There is a rise in demand for carbon black in the tire industry, construction and manufacturing sectors which use it to provide strength to industrial rubber compounds and other equipment.
- The volatility of raw material prices is anticipated to impede the growth of the global carbon black market.
- Stringent environmental regulations enacted by the government on the usage of carbon hampers the growth of the market.
- Nowadays silica as a reinforcing additive in tire applications is becoming popular. This is anticipated to substitute the usage of carbon which is another significant restraint for the market.
- An increase in the investments in the tire industry coupled with the rise in demand for specialty grade carbon black in paints & coatings is anticipated to boost the growth of the global carbon black market.
Carbon Black Market Growth
- Stringent regulations to curb emissions from factories are expected to play a major role in driving market growth.
- Emerging countries in the Asia Pacific, such as China, Thailand, India, and Indonesia, are projected to generate the maximum product demand in the coming years.
- Manufacturers in North America and European regions are forced to shift their operations to Asian countries owing to low costs in emerging countries.
- However, recovery in the automotive industry in countries, such as Germany and France, is anticipated to boost the market growth in Europe over the forecast period.
Carbon Black Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on the grade, the global carbon black market can be classified into standard grade and specialty grade.
- Specialty grade carbon black is widely used in inks, paints, and coatings.
- An increase in demand for specialty grade carbon black is prompting the black carbon manufacturers to increase their production capacity or divert them to produce specialty grade carbon black rather than produce standard grade carbon black.
- By applications, the global carbon black market can be classified into tire rubber, non-tire rubber, plastics, inks, paints & coatings, and others.
- The transportation industry is anticipated to remain the largest segment during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for tire applications.
- On the other hand, carbon black is widely used in plastics manufacturing, newspaper printing inks, and paints & coatings. Among these, plastics and paints & coatings are commonly utilized in the construction end-use industry.
- Cabot Corporation to acquire Tech Blend and expand its business footprint agreed to buy Tech Blend, a Canadian black masterbatches manufacturer. The acquisition extends Cabot’s global footprint in carbon black masterbatch and compounds, thus providing a platform to serve global customers by utilizing Tech Blend’s resources and capabilities.
Global Carbon Black Market Geographical Share
- Based on geography, the global carbon black market can be classified into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the rest of the world.
- Asia-Pacific occupies the most significant share of carbon black in the world, a majority of the demand arises from economies such as China and India.
- This is due to the expansion of tire manufacturing facilities and immense growth in the construction sector.
- Moreover, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the overall market during the forecast period, as the global tire manufacturing companies are shifting their production base to key developing countries in the region.
Carbon Black Market Companies and Competitive Trends
- Players active in the global carbon black market are highly competitive, with all key players investing heavily in R&D activities to improve the quality of their products.
- Key players operating in the carbon black market are Cabot Corporation, Orion Engineered Carbons S.A., Phillips Carbon Black Limited, Thai Carbon Black Public Company Limited (Birla Carbon), Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Continental Carbon, and Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy Co. among others.
Scope of the report
- The report provides an extensive qualitative and quantitative assessment of the present and future trends in the global carbon black market
- Focus on the various market dynamics that can have an impact on the growth of the market
- Recent industry trends and developments in the carbon black market
- Product mapping for the principal products of all the major market players
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global carbon black market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Key players in the market are profiled, and their recent developments, product portfolio, and other business strategies are listed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Carbon black market growth?
The market is growing at a CAGR of 3.85%
What is Carbon black market size in 2021?
The Carbon black market size was valued at USD YY million in 2021
Who are the key players in Carbon black market?
Major Players are Orion Engineered Carbons S.A., Phillips Carbon Black Limited, Thai Carbon Black Public Company Limited.
Recovered Carbon Black Market
Activated Carbon Market
Carbon Fibre Market