- Global Steel market was valued at USD xx million in 2018 and is forecasted to reach USD xx million by 2026, with a CAGR of xx% during the period (2019-2026).
Steel Market Trends
- The market growth is driven by factors like increasing demand of sustainable, low cost and durable building materials by contractors in residential & industrial construction projects.
- New advancements in material technology, steel possessing more stability, aesthetic appeal and design flexibility compared to other materials is another market driving factor.
- Also, stringent government regulations for green & energy-efficient buildings is leading to increase in steel demand.
Steel Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on type, into Crude steel, Finished Steel (Flat, Long Specialty products), and Scrap Steel.
- Based on material, the market is segmented into Steel Alloy, Carbon Steel, and Stainless Steel.
- By end-user industry, the market is segmented into Automotive, Infrastructure and construction, Mining Equipment, Aviation & Marine, and Others.
Global Steel Market Geographical Share
- Geographically, the global Steel market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- In 2017, world steel production increased by 0.8% from the previous year to a level of 1 628.5 mm.
- The growing trend in global production was supported by a 1.2% production increase in China to 808.4 mm, as well as the rapid growth of 7% in the Middle East.
- According to the World Steel Association, Chinese crude steel production in January 2017 was approx. 67.6 mm higher compared to the previous year while in India production of steel increased by 15.3% in 2017.
- Production is growing by several factors such as increasing expansions by private and state-owned mills to meet growing domestic demand for steel in recent years.
- Raw material prices of steelmaking have also increased significantly as world steel production is growing.
- In 2017, global metallurgical prices rise compared to the previous year.
Steel Market Report Scope
- The report covers factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The significant players of Steel market include ArcelorMittal, Ansteel, Baosteel Group Corporation, Hebei Iron and Steel, Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal, POSCO, Shagang, SSAB, United States Steel Corporation, and Voestalpine Group.
Reasons for purchasing this report
- Visualize the composition of Steel Market in the market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market - level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for crucial Steel products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Steel Market
1. Steel Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research methodology
1.2. Scope of the Report
2. Steel Market – Industry Trends
2.2. Key Trends & Developments
3. Steel Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
3.4. Export and Import Analysis (value & volume)
4. Steel Market – Product-based Analysis
4.1. By Type
4.1.1. Crude Steel
4.1.2. Finished Steel
18.104.22.168. Flat Products
22.214.171.124. Long Products
126.96.36.199. Specialty Steel Product
188.8.131.52.1. Stainless Sheet/Strip
184.108.40.206.2. Stainless Plate
220.127.116.11.3. Stainless Bar
18.104.22.168.4. Stainless Rod
22.214.171.124.5. Stainless Steel Wire
4.1.3. Scrap Steel
4.2. By Material
4.2.1. Steel Alloy
4.2.2. Carbon Steel
4.2.3. Stainless Steel
4.3. By End-Use
4.3.2. Infrastructure and construction
4.3.3. Mining Equipment
4.3.4. Aviation & Marine
4.4. By Geography
4.4.1. North America
126.96.36.199. The USA
4.4.2. South America
188.8.131.52. The United Kingdom
5. Steel Market – Competitive Analysis
5.1. Market Share Analysis
5.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
5.3. Product Benchmarking
6. Steel Market – Company Profiles
6.3. Baosteel Group Corporation
6.4. Hebei Iron and Steel
6.5. Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal
6.9. United States Steel Corporation
6.10. Voestalpine Group
7. Steel Market – Appendix
7.2. List of Tables
7.3. Expert Panel Validation
7.5. Contact Us