Sleep Apnea Devices Market
- The global Sleep Apnea Devices market was worth USD XX billion in 2019 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2019-2026).
- Sleep Apnea is a potentially deadly sleep disorder in which breathing stops and starts repeatedly. The main types of sleep apnea are Obstructive sleep apnea, Central sleep apnea, and Complex sleep apnea syndrome.
- There are various therapeutic and diagnostic devices in the market for the treatment of sleep apnea.
Sleep Apnea Devices Market Dynamics
- Rising prevalence of sleep apnea, medical advancement for diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea, and increasing number of government initiatives towards awareness and treatment of this disorder are some of the key factors driving the growth of the sleep apnea devices market globally.
- According to the Sleep Heart Health Study, 26% of adults have sleep apnea. It has been observed that one in every five adults have mild obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- In the US, around 43 million people suffer from sleep-disordered breathing. Among this 40-70% prevalence for obstructive sleep apnea in patients with heart failure.
- The number of OSA patients is growing with the elderly population and rising levels of obesity.
- The incidence of OSA in the general population is approx. 3% to 7% of adult men and 2% to 5% of adult women. Hence, the rising incidence of sleep apnea is boosting the growth of the Sleep Apnea devices market.
- However, the high cost of sleep apnea devices and availability of alternate methods are some of the restraints that are hindering the growth of the market.
- The diagnosis of sleep apnea is commonly based on sleep history and the results of a polysomnogram which is an overnight sleep study that typically costs about USD 1,000 to USD 3,000.
Sleep Apnea Devices Market Segmentation
- The global market for Sleep Apnea Devices is broadly segmented by product type as – Therapeutic and Diagnostic Devices.
- The Therapeutic devices segment accounted for the largest market segment which is further segmented into Adaptive Servo-Ventilation (ASV) Devices, Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices, Oxygen Devices, Oral Appliances, and Masks & Accessories. Among these, the oral appliances segment is expected to have the fastest growth during the forecast period due to the advantages of oral appliances over other therapies like convenience, enhanced patient comfort, noninvasiveness, and others.
- According to the Journal of Sleep Medicine, switching from Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) to Adaptive Servo-Ventilation (ASV) improves relative adherence by 22%.
- Moreover, patients who switched from CPAP to ASV had significantly fewer apneas and hypopneas (breathing stoppages or reductions) during sleep.
CMS-Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- The diagnostic devices segment is further segmented into Polysomnography devices (PSG), Pulse Oximeters, Actigraphy Devices. Among these, the polysomnography devices segment accounted for the largest share of the sleep apnea diagnostic devices market.
- Further, by the end user, the market is segmented into Hospitals & Laboratories and Home Care. The home care segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing preference for home care in sleep apnea diagnosed patients.
Sleep Apnea Devices Market Geographical Share
- The global Sleep Apnea Devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and ROW. North America is the dominant region in the Sleep Apnea market followed by Europe.
- North America Sleep Apnea Devices market is leading due to rising focus of market players in the US and Canada, increasing the prevalence of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in the US, technological advancement in product developments by key players, and raising funds from private and government institutions to promote awareness of sleep apnea.
- Europe is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, due to the increasing usage of noninvasive and painless cardiorespiratory monitors to calculate the oxygen saturation level of arterial blood.
Sleep Apnea Devices Market Competition Size
- The market is highly competitive with the continuous product and technological developments. The players are also focusing on strategic collaborations, product launches and agreements to expand the geographic footprint and to intensify market competitiveness.
Some of the recent developments contributing to the growth of the global Sleep Apnea Devices market are:
- In Jan 2018, ResMed joined MedTech Europe, to make innovative medical technology and health solutions that are available to people.
- In May 2017, Fisher & Paykel launched the advanced F&P SleepStyle CPAP Device, which is developed for usage in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep specialists and obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA patients.
- In Oct 2017, ResMed presented AirFit N20 Classic nasal mask CPAP treatment in Europe region to provide patients with several options for a stable mask seal with comfortable night sleep.
Few of the key players in the global Sleep Apnea Devices market include
- Philips Healthcare
- Cadwell Laboratories Inc.
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Invacare Corporation
- sleep score
- BMC Medical Co.Ltd
- The Therapeutic devices segment accounted for the largest market segment. Within this segment, the oral appliances segment is the fastest growing segment due to the rising issues related to positive airway pressure (PAP) devices and advantages of oral appliances over other therapies like convenience, enhanced patient comfort, noninvasiveness, and others.
- North America is leading the global Sleep Apnea Devices market due to rising incidence of Sleep Apnea, increasing awareness towards the sleep disorder, and increasing government initiatives for the treatment of sleep apnea.
- Home care segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing preference for home care in sleep apnea diagnosed patients.
The scope of the Report
- The report covers epidemiology analysis, the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- Sleep Apnea Devices market is segmented based on the type as Therapeutic and Diagnostic Devices. Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global Sleep Apnea Devices market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in global Sleep Apnea Devices market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the worldwide Sleep Apnea Devices market.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Sleep Apnea Devices Market
1. Sleep Apnea Devices- Market Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Sleep Apnea Devices Market -Industry Trends
3. Sleep Apnea Devices Market Outlook
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Restraints
3.3 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Suppliers Power
3.3.2 Buyer Power
3.3.3 Industry Competition
3.3.4 Threat of New Entrant
3.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Sleep Apnea Devices Market Segmentation Analysis
4.1. By Type
4.1.1 Therapeutic Devices
22.214.171.124 Adaptive Servo-Ventilation (ASV) Devices
126.96.36.199 Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices
188.8.131.52.1 Auto Positive Airway Pressure (APAP)
184.108.40.206.2 Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) Devices
220.127.116.11.3 Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Devices
18.104.22.168 Oxygen Devices
22.214.171.124.1 Oxygen Concentrators
126.96.36.199.2 Portable Oxygen Concentrators
188.8.131.52.3 Liquid Portable Oxygen
184.108.40.206 Oral Appliances
220.127.116.11 Masks & Accessories
4.1.2 Diagnostic Devices
18.104.22.168 Actigraphy Devices
22.214.171.124 Polysomnography Devices (PSG)
126.96.36.199 Pulse Oximeters
4.2. Segmentation by End-User
4.2.2 Home Care
5. Sleep Apnea Devices Market- Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Asia Pacific
5.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.2.3. The UK
5.2.6. Rest of Europe
5.3. North America
5.3.1. The USA
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
6. Sleep Apnea Devices Market- Competition
6.1 Market Share/Rank Analysis
6.2 Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
7. Sleep Apnea Devices Market- Company Profiles
7.2 Philips Healthcare
7.3 Cadwell Laboratories Inc.
7.4 Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
7.5 Natus Medical Incorporated
7.7 Nihon Kohden Corporation
7.8 Invacare Corporation
7.9 sleep score
7.10 BMC Medical Co.Ltd
8. Sleep Apnea Devices Market- Appendix
8.2 List of Tables
8.3 Expert Panel Validation
8.5 Contact Us
*Note: Additional company profiles will be included on request