Table of Contents
Global Kefir Market is segmented By Composition type (Water Kefir, Milk Kefir, Others), By Product Type (Organic, Low Fat, Frozen, Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Kefir Market Overview
The Global Kefir Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 5.4% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Kefir is similar to yogurt but healthier. Kefir contains a greater variety of bacteria & yeast than yogurt. Kefir is a very powerful probiotic. It can help with various digestive problems. Kefir may improve symptoms of Allergy & Asthma. Kefir has potent antibacterial properties.
- It can kill harmful bacteria in the body. It lowers the risk of Osteoporosis & may be protective against cancer.
Kefir products can be a viable option for lactose-intolerant people. Water or juice-based kefir products are entirely lactose-free.
- Even milk-based kefir products can be up to 99% lactose-free. Organic, Lactose-free, Low sugar products are becoming increasingly popular in the kefir Market.
Kefir Market Dynamics
- Kefir has gained popularity in health-conscious communities, but a lot of them are vegans. The market is responding with Non-dairy products to appeal to vegans.
- Kefir can be consumed daily by people of all age groups. As a probiotic, kefir does contain bacteria & yeast. So AIDS patients need to consult doctors before consuming Kefir products to avoid any risk. Kefir contains histamine so histamine intolerant people must avoid kefir. Other than this, Kefir has almost no adverse health effects. But from the market point of view, the biggest obstacle to the kefir products market is ‘Homemade Kefir.’ Commercial kefir contains much fewer strains of bacteria than natural kefir.
Kefir Market Segmentation
- Global Kefir Market be segmented based on composition type, and product type.
Based on the variety of kefir compositions, the market can be divided into, Milk kefir & water kefir grains. Milk kefir grains have a white cheese-like appearance. Water kefir grains look like glassy crystals.
- Based on Product type, the Kefir market can be segmented into organic, low fat, and others (Starter culture and ready products). Kefir starter culture has limited reusability compared to kefir grains. Ready kefir products include Kefir milk & dairy products, kefir beverages, and others.
- Kefir dairy products are made from milk kefir grain. They are available in a variety of flavors. They can be made of whole milk, skimmed milk, organic milk, or vegan options such as soymilk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc. There are also frozen kefir dairy products available in the market.
- Kefir beverages are made from water kefir grains. They are made of fruit juice, coconut water, cane sugar juice, etc.
Geographical Segmentation Kefir Market
- Based on Geography, Kefir Market can be segmented into South America, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Others.
In US Lifeway is the biggest brand of kefir Products. In the US, the growth rate in demand for Kefir was higher than any other fermented food in 2016. In the next few years, it is going to be very important for the Kefir market in North America & Western Europe. Russian and Eastern Europe have been consuming Kefir long before it became popular in North America.
Kefir Industry Companies Analysis
- There are plenty of Kefir products companies. Some of the key players are Lifeway, Nourish Kefir, Danone, Nestle, and others.
There are other kefir starter culture manufacturers as well as homemade kefir grain producers. Dahlicious in 2017 launched an organic almond-milk based kefir. Lifeway began Elixir, a probiotic beverage.
Key market segments covered
By Composition type
• Water Kefir
• Milk Kefir
By Product Type
• Low Fat
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
The scope of the report
- The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Kefir market segmentation By Grain type (Water Kefir, Milk Kefir), By Product Type (Starter Culture, Ready Products (Kefir Milk & dairy products (Whole Milk, Low Fat, Organic, Vegan), Kefir Beverages, Others) Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world.
Botanical Supplements Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy