Tooth Regeneration Market
- The global Tooth Regeneration market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach a market value of USD XX million by 2026.
- Tooth regeneration is a stem cell-based regenerative medicine procedure in the field of tissue engineering and stem cell biology to replace damaged or lost teeth by growing them from autologous stem cells. Enamel is formed from ectodermal epithelial tissue while dentine and pulp from mesenchymal tissue are originating in the neural crest.
- As a source of the new bioengineered teeth, somatic stem cells are collected and reprogrammed to induced pluripotent stem cells which can be placed in the dental lamina directly or placed in a reabsorbable biopolymer in the shape of the new tooth.
- Tooth replacement therapy is considered to be a highly attractive notion for the next generation bioengineered organ replacement.
Tooth Regeneration Market Dynamics
- The global tooth regeneration market is primarily driven by the high prevalence of the dental problems worldwide along with the research and development activities towards novel techniques for tooth loss problems.
- According to The Lancet’s Global Burden of Disease (GBD) study 2015, 2.3 billion people worldwide suffer from dental caries (cavities) in their permanent teeth. According to the World Health Organization, Dental caries is the most widespread noncommunicable disease, ranking first for the decay of permanent teeth (2.3 billion people) and 12th for deciduous teeth (560 million children).
- Additionally, other factors boosting the market are favorable reimbursement policies and development of innovative technologies such as guided tissue regeneration developed recently as a novel periodontal therapy, allowing the regeneration of periodontal tissue without the use of cells or growth factors.
- Furthermore, these tooth regeneration technologies have substantial benefits over the other alternatives.
- However, the high cost of the procedures and regulatory approval issues may hinder the market progress over the forecast period.
Tooth Regeneration Market Segmentation Analysis
- By Application, the global tooth regeneration market is segmented into Enamel, Dentin, and Pulp. The dentin share accounts for a significant market share of the tooth regeneration owing it to the growing prevalence of dental surgery and the increasing demand for tooth regeneration in cosmetic surgery.
- The enamel share is the fastest growing due to the rising incidents of dental caries. The Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 estimated that oral diseases affected half of the world’s population (3.58 billion people) with dental caries (tooth decay) in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed.
- The pulp share is expected to show significant market growth owing to the rising prevalence of periodontal disease. According to the World Health Organization, Severe periodontal (gum) disease was estimated to be the 11th most prevalent disease globally.
- By Demographics, the global tooth regeneration market is segmented into Geriatrics, Middle Aged, Adult, and others. Geriatric segment holds the dominant market segment.
- According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), 17.20% of seniors aged 65 and over have periodontal disease, and 10.58% of seniors 65 and over have moderate or severe periodontal disease.
- The geriatric population has an average of 18.9 remaining teeth. Around 23% of the geriatric population have no teeth, creating a favorable market scenario for industry players.
Tooth Regeneration Market Geographical Analysis
- North America holds the dominant share of the global Tooth Regeneration market, and it is primarily attributed to factors such as due to an increase in demand for dental services and stem cell research. According to the American Dental Association, the total dental expenditures in the U.S. was 124B in 2016. This was a 3.3% increase from 2015.
- According to recent findings from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), half of Americans aged 30 or older have periodontitis, the more advanced form of periodontal disease. This equals approximately 64.7 million Americans.
- Moreover, its broad base of the patient population and the established healthcare infrastructure, rising disposable income, and higher investment in R&D activities contribute to the growth of North America’s share.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period, owing to the increasing prevalence of dental cavities, periodontal inflammation, and other dental diseases, especially in countries such as China and India.
- Other factors likely to present significant opportunities are the region’s rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure and the presence of a broad base of the target population.
Tooth Regeneration Market Competitive Analysis
- Key players are adopting strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and regional expansion to stand out as strong competitors in the market. Regulatory approvals along with increased focus on R&D are other ways the leading players improve their market presence.
- June 2018, Datum Dental Ltd., leading provider of OSSIX brand innovative solutions for bone and tissue regeneration for dentistry, announced clearances for OSSIX Bone with Health Canada and CE Mark approval in Europe .OSSIX Bone received FDA clearance in July 2017 and was launched commercially in the USA.
- April 2018, Datum Dental, leading provider of OSSIX brand innovative solutions for bone and tissue regeneration for dentistry, announced expansion of its global distribution network.
- In the USA, Dentsply Sirona Implants is now promoting the full OSSIX line (OSSIX Plus, OSSIX Volumax, and OSSIX Bone).
- April 2017, Unilever launched an in-clinic re-mineralization regime to regenerate professionally advanced enamel serum.
- March 2016, the U.S. FDA has approved the world’s first full mouth true periodontal regeneration called True Regeneration by Millennium Dental Technologies.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global Tooth Regeneration Market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in global Tooth Regeneration Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global Tooth Regeneration Market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Tooth Regeneration Market
1. Tooth Regeneration Market Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the market
2. Tooth Regeneration Market Trends
2.1. Key Trends and Developments
3. Tooth Regeneration Market Outlook
3.3. Supply Chain Analysis
3.5. Key Developments
4. Tooth Regeneration Market Segmentation Analysis
4.1. By Application
4.2. By Demographics
4.3. By End User
4.3.2. Dental clinics
5. Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Geographic Overview
5.2. North America
5.3.4. Rest of Europe
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5. Asia Pacific
5.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.6. Rest of World
6. Tooth Regeneration Market Competitive Analysis
6.1. Competitive Scenario
6.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
6.3. Product Benchmarking
7. Tooth Regeneration Market Company Profiles
7.2. Institut Straumann Ag
7.3. DENTSPLY Implants
7.4. Datum Dental
8.2. List of Tables
8.3. Expert Panel Validation
8.5. Contact Us