Global Target Drones Market By Engine Type (Piston Engine, Wankel Engine, Turboprop, Turbojet engines), By Platform (Aerial Target, Ground Target, Underwater Target, Sea Surface Target), By Application-based Analysis (Military, Aerospace, Science Research, and others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global "Target Drone Market" is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- A target drone is an unmanned aerial vehicle, usually remote-controlled, and used in the training of anti-aircraft crews. Target drones often resemble radio-controlled model aircraft.
Target Drone Market Dynamics
- The primary factors that are driving the growth of this market include an increase in spending on high target developments, initiatives for unmanned combat aerial vehicle programs, and emphasis on testing & training, building drones, and evaluation.
- For instance, in December 2018, Northrop Grumman has built 15 GQM-163A Coyote supersonic sea-skimming target drones for missile defense.
- However, the lack of skilled workforces to control and operate the target drones is expected to impede the market during the forecast period.
Target Drone Market Segmentation
- Based on engine type, the global target drone market is segmented into piston engine, Wankel engine, turboprop, and turbojet engines. Of these, Turbojet engines dominate the market owing to the simplicity of construction, ease of operating and maintenance, and lower costs.
- Also, for applications such as experimental aircraft, powered gliders, UAV, RPV, UCAV systems the use of turbojet engines as propulsion systems is an increasingly prevalent option; its convenience is due to the lower costs in purchasing, operation, and maintenance, as well as interchangeable features.
- Turbojet engines are used in particular in the military industry and are popular in the experimental sector. In recent times, increased use of uncrewed aircraft is often fitted to this type of equipment, particularly in the military industry.
- For instance, PBS AEROSPACE has designed, developed, manufactured, and brought onto the market several smaller turbojet-type engines. More than 530 produced PBS turbojet engines power unmanned systems, drones, powered gliders, and experimental aircraft worldwide.
Target Drone Market Geographical Share
- Geographically, the Global Target Drone Market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. North America dominates the market owing to the rise in investment in defense training programs and an increase in the budget allocated for target drones with the presence of well-established players across the region, especially across the U.S.
- Also, North America is a base of many well-established players from the target drone domain including The Boeing Company, AeroTargets International, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc, and Griffon Aerospace. The North American companies are trying to improve the performance and services of their multiple target drones business units.
- For instance, in November 2018, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. has recently received approximately USD 15.2 million in contract awards for High-Performance Unmanned Aerial Drone, Unmanned Ground, and related Unmanned System products and services.
Target Drone Manufacturers
- The global target drone market is highly fragmented with the presence of several local and international vendors. Lockheed Martin Corporation, Boeing, Griffon Aerospace, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., and Northrop Grumman Corporation are prominent players in the global target drone market. Kratos Defense & Security Solutions is one of the major companies and is enhancing the market through production facilities and contracts.
- For instance, in November 2018, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. opened its new 100,000 square foot unmanned aircraft production facility in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Moreover, in May 2018, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. has received approximately USD 38 million in high-performance unmanned aerial drone aircraft, systems, and related product contract awards.
Racing Drones Market
Utility Drones Market
Drone Data Services Market