Table of Content
Global Smartphone Cover Glass Market is segmented By Type (Gorilla Glass, Sapphire Glass, Draggontrail Glass), By Application (IOS smartphones, Android smartphones, Windows smartphones, and Others), By Structure (2D, 5D, 3D), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023 - 2030
Smartphone Cover Glass Market Overview
Report on Global Smartphone Cover Glass Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.57% during the forecast period 2023 - 2030. Demand from Smart Phone consumers in Asia Pacific is booming. Competitive rivalry intensifies with AvanStrate, Corning Gorilla Glass, Lens technology and others operating in the market.
- The smartphone cover glass is the actual glass that covers the display screen. Smartphone cover glasses are used to protect the display screen from breakages when dropped.
- These cover glasses are used to protect the front and rear panels and cameras of the smartphone. The cover glass is produced by molding, cleaning, and cutting glass sheets.
Smartphone Cover Glass Market Scope and Summary
By Type, By Application, By Structure, And By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other vital insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click Here
Smartphone Cover Glass Market Trends and Dynamics
- Significant factors that drive the global smartphone cover glass market are the increase in the usage of smartphones and the fragility of the smartphone display screen.
- In October 2015, according to the survey conducted by Motorola at least 50% of people worldwide have experienced a cracked smartphone screen at least once.
- The statistic illustrates the total number of smartphone users worldwide from 2014 to 2020. By 2020, the number of smartphone users is forecast to reach 2.87 billion.
- Factors such as easy cover glass breakage, and lack of experimentation on elements used in cover glass to make them highly durable hinder the growth of the global smartphone cover glass market globally.
Smartphone Cover Glass Market Segmentation Analysis
- Global smartphone cover glass is segmented into gorilla glass, sapphire glass, and dragon trail glass based on its type. Among all models, a significant market share is occupied by gorilla glass because it is less expensive and more durable compared to others.
- A gorilla glass display costs less than USD 3, while a sapphire display would cost about USD 30.
- Further based on the application the market is segmented into android, IoS, windows, and others. Android smartphones occupy significant revenue.
- According to a Statcounter study in 2018, the number of Android smartphone users is 75%of total smartphone users.
- Smartphone cover glass is segmented into 2D, 2.5D, and 3D based on the structure of the display.
- 2D cover glasses are used for a flat display screen, 2.5D is used in Flat screens with curved edges, and 3D is used in the curved screen, and it is mostly used in virtual reality (VR), smartphones, wearable devices, and many more.
- All 3D is an upcoming and most dominant market in 2019 and is even projected to grow more in the forecast period due to an increase in its applications in wearable devices, and smartphones such as Xiaomi 6 pro, Samsung Galaxy A6, Oppo A7, and so on.
- For instance, in September 2017 Apple launched iPhone8, iPhone8 Plus, and iPhone X where OLED+3D dual-curved glass was used, giving a new push to the 3D glass manufacturing industry.
Global Smartphone Cover Glass Market Geographical Share
- The Asia Pacific occupies a significant share in the global smartphone cover glass market. The Asia-Pacific smartphone cover glass market is segmented into China, India, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and the rest of Asia-Pacific.
- The shipments of smartphones in the Asia-Pacific are high as compared to other regions owing to the growing usage of smartphones in the countries such as China and India. Moreover, major smartphone companies are showing interest to launch new smartphone models in India and South East Asia which will increase the demand for the smartphone cover glass market in this region.
- The statistic illustrates smartphone unit shipments in the Asia Pacific from 2013-2017. In 2017, 301.2 million smartphones were shipped in the Asia Pacific.
Smartphone Cover Glass Market Companies and Competitive Landscape
- Significant players in the global smartphone cover glass market are AvanStrate, NEG, Schott, Biel crystal, Lens technology, TPK, AGC Asahi, and others.
- Most of the key companies are highly invested in designing various cover glasses using advanced techniques.
- A few of the companies are also eyeing strategic partnerships and expansions to broaden product portfolios and increase their geographical footprint.
- Continual new product launches and product-line extensions are the key strategies followed by almost all the market players to sustain market competitiveness.
- For instance, in November 2018, SCHOTT developed Xensation 3D cover glass with lithium alumino-silicate (LAS), a highly reliable material.
- In May 2018, AGC Asahi glass manufacturer, a Japanese company developed a 0.07mm new flexible cover glass that can be used in flexible smartphones. In July 2018, Corning’s Gorilla glass introduced Gorilla glass six which is 2X times stronger than gorilla glass 5.
- In June 2017, Schott made a co-branding agreement with BLACK ROCK for the sale of ultra-thin glass (0.1-0.3mm). In July 2016, Corning Gorilla glass introduced the Gorilla glass 5 versions to improve the survival of glass from a height of around 1.6 meters. In February 2016, AGC Asahi glass one of the leading manufacturers of glass declared the development of multi-thickness smartphone cover glass which can even accommodate a fingerprint sensor.
- In February 2016, TPK joined Fingerprint Cards (FPC) and made cover glass prototypes integrating the FPC1268 touch fingerprint sensor
Smartphone Image Sensors Market
Mobile Phone Accessories Packaging Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy
What is the Growth Rate of the Smartphone Cover Glass Market ?
Smartphone Cover Glass Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.57% during the forecasting period (2023 - 2030).
Who are the key players in Smartphone Cover Glass Market ?
Significant Companies in the global smartphone cover glass market are AvanStrate, NEG, Schott, Biel crystal, Lens technology, TPK, Corning Gorilla Glass, and AGC Asahi.