Global Residential Power Line Communication Market is segmented By Frequency (Narrowband and Broadband PLC), by Solution (PLC Over AC Lines and PLC Over DC Lines), By Application (Energy Management and Smart grid, Indoor Networking), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Residential Power Line Communication Market is expected to grow at a CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Residential Power Line market is rapidly growing as people are demanding for smart home automation due to which new advancement is technology is being innovated. Hence the market is growing.
- Also, increasing advance technology in device communication, low cost of deployment with ease of use and more benefits, growing energy management investments and increasing demand for smart grid and smart metering systems are also driving the growth of the market.
- There are many advantages of In-house powerline networking such as ubiquity of electrical outlets, data transmission capability, distribution of multimedia and high-speed.
- However, a large amount of electrical noise on the electrical power lines limits possible data transmission speeds to somewhat lower values than usual. Also, powerline communication channels do not necessarily provide a secure media which leads to some disadvantages of powerline technology.
- In the US, home networking is becoming a mass market where a large number of players are contributing to several innovative high-speed home powerline networking products and services.
- In 2016, the lighting segment of residential intelligent building systems accounted for approx. 2.8 billion U.S. dollars.
Residential Power Line Communication Market Segmentation Analysis
- By Frequency, the market is segmented into Narrowband and Broadband. The narrowband segment is leading the Residential Power Line Communication market due to rising demand for narrowband technology products from energy management and increased use of smart grid application in home automation.
- By Application, the market is segmented into Energy Management & smart Grid and Indoor Networking. The energy management and quick grid application is the leading segment in Residential Power Line Communication due to growing demand for intelligent metering & intelligent grids in different substation communication applications.
- By Solutions, the market is segmented into PLC over AC lines and PLC over DC lines. The PLC over AC lines segment is leading the market and expected to grow further grow during the forecast period due to rising use in vehicles and other applications. However, the PLC over DC lines is also overgrowing due to increasing demand for home networking, lighting, and solar applications.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, and RoW. Europe is dominating the global powerline communication market due to the advanced metering application and increasing government initiatives for the deployment of smart meters. In Europe, Italy has the most massive scale of intelligent meters in Residential Power Line Communication.
Global Residential Power Line Communication Market
- The graph shows the UD spending on the smart grid for the project. In 2017, expenditure on intelligent metering is approx. 1.2billion U.S. dollars.
- Some leading players in Residential Power Line Communication are ABB, Siemens, Cypress Conductor, Texas Instruments, and Schneider Electric.
Recent Developments in the Residential Power Line Communication Market
- In Feb 2018, AMETEK Power Instruments, a leading player in Power Line Communications for electric utilities has introduced the Smart-Gap product which revolutionizes the method to clear surges on power line carrier systems.
- In Jun 2017, Richmond Capital acquired SmartLabs to make powerline communication great for home automation.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The report profiles the following companies, which includes ABB, Siemens, Cypress Conductor, Texas Instruments, Schneider Electric, Hubbell Power Systems, ST Microelectronics, Ametek, Sigma Designs, and General Electric.
The scope of the Report
- PLC over AC lines
- PLC over DC lines
- Energy Management and Smart Grid
- Indoor Networking
Pipeline Monitoring System Market
Distributed Energy Resources Management System (DERMS) Market
Power Line Communication Market