Plastic Surgery Market
- The Global Plastic Surgery market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2025.
- Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty involving the restoration, reconstruction, or alteration of the human body. Plastic surgery can be divided into two categories- Reconstructive Surgery and Aesthetic/Cosmetic Surgery. Reconstructive Surgery is a surgery performed on abnormal structures of the body, caused by congenital disabilities, developmental abnormalities, trauma, infection, tumors or disease.
- It is generally performed to improve function, but may also be done to approximate a regular appearance. Cosmetic surgery is performed to reshape normal structures of the body to enhance the patient’s appearance and self-esteem.
What’s trending in the plastic surgery market?
- The primary factors driving the market for plastic surgery are the increase in the number of available certified service providers, low procedural cost, and application of plastic surgery over a sizeable patient population group.
- The technological advancements and development of new advanced materials for plastic surgery have increased the safety margin for chemical operations which is also driving the market.
- People are increasingly focusing on their physical appearance and body shape. Cosmetic surgery can beautify and reshape the body or a body part, which increases the confidence and self-esteem of the patient. Because of this reason, people with different types of requirements are opting for cosmetics surgery, which is boosting the market for plastics surgery.
- High risks and complications associated with plastic surgery can be a significant restraint in the growth of the market.
- There have been severe complications reported in the past after undergoing plastic surgeries. Obese and older adults are more prone to these complications. Other factors which can constrain the growth of the market are stringent regulatory approvals, lack of skilled personnel to perform these surgeries and lack of awareness.
Plastic Surgery Market Outlook
- The Global Plastic Surgery Market report segments the market by surgery type and by product type. Based on the surgery type, the market has been classified as Reconstructive Surgery and Cosmetics Surgery and Others. Cosmetics surgery has a dominant market share.
- It can be further segmented as Breast Enhancement (Augmentation, Lift, and Reduction), Facial Contouring (Rhinoplasty, Chin, or Cheek Enhancement), Facial Rejuvenation (Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, and Brow Lift), Body Contouring (Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and Gynecomastia Treatment), and Skin Rejuvenation (Laser Resurfacing, Botox and Filler Treatments). Cosmetic procedures are elective, generally chosen to enhance the appearance, restore a more youthful look, and boost confidence.
- Cosmetics surgery dominates the plastic surgery market because of the social and cultural factors such as the influence of media, film and fashion industry. Changing perceptions about beauty and appearance is also a significant reason for the growing cosmetic surgery market.
- Liposuction was the most popular surgical cosmetic procedure worldwide in 2016; it is because of the growing population of obese people worldwide.
- Moreover, there is a fast-growing trend to tighten up body parts by massive weight loss, so a large population is undergoing liposuction surgeries to cut the excessive weight of the body. By product, the market has been classified as Injectables, Implants, Equipment, and Others.
Plastic Surgery Market Regional Share
- The report segments the global plastic surgery market by geography as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. North America dominates the plastic surgery market and in particular, cosmetics surgical procedures.
- The United States has the most significant market share in North America and also in the World. Cosmetics surgeries have seen explosive growth in the US; it is because of the high adoption rates of beautiful products in the country.
- Liposuction and breast augmentation are the most popular cosmetics surgeries in the US. The main reason for this is the sizeable obese population, and also there is a high proportion of women undergoing breast augmentation.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period because of the less stringent regulations, increasing awareness about plastic surgery and large population.
Plastic Surgery Market Players
- The Global Plastic Surgery Market is a very competitive market characterized by innovations and product launches. Currently, the market is witnessing a rising demand for aesthetic surgical procedures. Thus there are tremendous opportunities available for the new entrants to cater to this demand.
- Some of the key players of the market are as follows: Allergan, Inc., Alma Laser, Cynosure, Galderma S.A., Lumenis, Johnson and Johnson, Solta Medical, Syneron Medical Ltd., BioForm Medical and Candela Corporation.
Global Plastic Surgery Market Report Scope
By Surgery Type
• Reconstructive Surgery
• Cosmetic Surgery
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Reasons for purchasing this report?
• Visualize the composition of the Plastic Surgery Market across each indication, regarding surgery type and by product type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in Plastic Surgery market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Plastic Surgery market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the critical Plastic Surgery market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Global Plastic Surgery Market
1. Plastic Surgery Market Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Plastic Surgery Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Plastic Surgery Market Forecast Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Market Segmentation – By Surgery Type
4.1. Reconstructive Surgery
4.1.1. Craniofacial Surgery
4.1.2. Hand Surgery
4.1.4. Burn Surgery
4.2. Cosmetic/Aesthetic Surgery
4.2.1. Breast Enhancement
4.2.2. Facial Contouring
4.2.3. Facial Rejuvenation
4.2.4. Body Contouring
4.2.5. Skin Rejuvenation
5. Market Segmentation – By Product type
6. Market Segmentation – By Geography
6.1. North America
6.1.1. The United States
6.2. South America
6.2.3. Rest of South America
6.3.2. United Kingdom
6.3.4. Rest of Europe
6.4.3. South Korea
6.4.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the World
7. Competitive Trends
7.1. Market Share/Ranking Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7.3. Product Benchmarking
8. Company Profiles
8.1. Allergan, Inc.
8.2. Alma Laser
8.4. Galderma S.A.
8.6. Johnson and Johnson
8.7. Solta Medical
8.8. Syneron Medical Ltd.
8.9. BioForm Medical
8.10. Candela Corporation