Global Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy Market is segmented By Type (Mild, Moderate, Severe), By Treatment Type (Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor drug, Intraocular Steroid Injection, Laser Surgery, Vitrectomy), By End User (Hospitals, Ophthalmic Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centres), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.30% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy (NPDR), also known as background retinopathy, is an early stage of diabetic retinopathy.
- In NPDR, tiny blood vessels within the retina leak blood or fluid, which causes the retina to swell or form deposits.
- The global Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy market is estimated to reach USD 2.5 billion by 2022.
- The increasing prevalence of diabetes is the prime factor driving the growth of the Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy market.
- Globally, an estimated 422 million adults are living with diabetes. Also, lack of diagnosis at the right time and non-compliant retinal screening of diabetic patients are predicted to drive the growth of the NPDR market.
- However, the lack of skilled professionals, the extended approval time for drugs in conjunction with the strict regulatory requirements will restrict the market growth.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Global Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy market report segments the market by type, treatment type, end-user, and by region.
- Based on disease severity level, the market is segmented into mild, moderate, and severe.
- Based on treatment type, the market is segmented into Anti-VEGF therapy, intraocular steroid injection, laser surgery, and vitrectomy.
- The anti-VEGF segment dominated the market in 2017 owing to high applicability in the treatment of early diagnosis and mild to moderate cases of NPDR.
- Regionally, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America will dominate the market due to the high prevalence of diabetes, high awareness among people about Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy, availability of treatment options, and better reimbursement policies in the region.
Market Scope of the report
- The report also profiles companies in the Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy market – Abbott Laboratories, Alimera Science, Allergan plc, Ampio Pharmaceuticals., Bayer AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Novartis International AG, Pfizer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Valeant Pharmaceutical.
By Treatment Type
- Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) drug
- Intraocular Steroid Injection
- Laser Surgery
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Diabetic Retinopathy Market
Diabetic Macular Edema Market
Remote Patient Monitoring Market