Table of Contents
Global Diabetic Macular Edema Market Is Segmented By Therapy Type (Anti-VEGF, Corticosteroids, Other Off-label Drugs), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Diabetic Macular Edema Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) is the accumulation of fluid in the macula part of the retina due to leaking blood vessels.
- DME is a major complication of diabetes and a leading cause of vision loss in persons with diabetes mellitus.
- The Global Diabetic Macular Edema market is estimated to grow to USD 4.1 billion by 2027.
- Increasing the prevalence of diabetes is the prime factor driving the growth of the Diabetic Macular Edema market.
- Globally, an estimated 422 million adults are living with diabetes.
- Besides, substantial R&D investment by pharmaceutical companies and the launch of several promising emerging therapies will fuel market growth.
- However, unfavorable reimbursement policies will restrict market growth.
- Global Diabetic Macular Edema market report segments the market by therapy type, product type, distribution channel, and region.
- Based on the therapy type, the diabetic macular edema market has been classified into anti-VEGF, corticosteroids, and other off-label drugs.
- Although laser photocoagulation therapy is being used as standard DME treatment for 25 years, the approval of anti-VEGF has revolutionized the treatment of DME.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, and Others.
- Regionally, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America will dominate the market owing to the high prevalence of diabetes, high awareness among people about DME, availability of treatment options, and better reimbursement policies in the region.
- In 2017, North America accounted for around 51% revenue share of the global market.
Market Competitive Analysis
- The report also profiles the following companies of the Diabetic Macular Edema market – Novartis, Roche, Allergan, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Bayer AG, and Bausch & Lomb Incorporated.
By Therapy Type
- Other Off-label Drugs
By Product Type
- Intravitreal Injections
- Intravitreal Implants
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Macular Edema Market
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market
Remote Patient Monitoring Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy