Meal Kit Subscription Market
- The Global Meal Kit Subscription market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period (2018-2025).
- The concept that involves home delivery of pre-portioned ingredients with meal recipe to create specific meals. It was new a few years ago and was expected to be a significant disruptor in the food retail Industry.
Meal Kit Subscription Market Dynamics
- Avoiding a trip to the store is the key benefits of meal kit delivery services. Allowing people to bypass this time-consuming grocery store experience was expected to be big enough driver to sustain the meal kit subscription business.
- The simplicity of ordering a meal online, availability of various recipes and freshness of food allowed entry for multiple companies. Due to massive venture capital funding, companies have spent an enormous amount on marketing & customer discounts. These efforts have resulted in large no of people buying meal kits online.
- Unfortunately, most consumers don’t sign up for the subscription after first week discount period ends. The reason for low customer retention rate is cost. Many of the consumers want faster fulfillment & prep time. They also don’t want to deal with packaging & un-appetizing recipes.
- Acquiring life-long customers is a massive challenge for meal-kit subscription Market.
Meal Kit Subscription Market Segmentation
- Global meal kit subscription market can be segmented by the size of meal kit, type of diet, type of product.
- Based on meal size, the market can be classified into the two-person plan, three-person plan, four-person plan, and others. The average price of meal kit was about USD 9.99 per serving for Blue Apron and USD 11.5 for hella fresh.
- Meal kit subscription offers various types of meal to suit the needs of the consumer. Based on diet type, meal kits can be segmented into Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free, Mediterranean, meat, seafood (pescetarian), and others.
Geography segmentation Meal Kit Subscription Market
- Based on Geography, Global meal kit market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world. Meal kit subscription market is dominant in North America and Europe.
- The growth in western countries is mainly due to their hectic lifestyles and busy work schedules.
Competitive Landscape Meal Kit Subscription Industry
- Blue Apron is the most significant player in meal-kit Subscription services in the US. Hellofresh is a Germany based company which has gained tremendous momentum in the American Market.
- Recently Hellofresh acquired green chef. The combined market share of both these companies is higher than Blue Apron.
- For Start-ups, the market has become very competitive as traditional retail giants like Amazon is starting their meal kit delivery option. When Amazon acquired Whole-foods, it caused a lot of uncertainty about the future of start-ups in meal-kits subscription market.
Key market segments covered
By Size of Meal-kit
• Two-person plan
• Three person plan
• Four-person plan
• Four or more
By Food Type
• Regional cuisine
Meal Kit Subscription Market Report Scope
- The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Meal Kit Subscription market is segmented By Size of Meal-kit (Two-person plan, three-person plan, four-person plan, four and more), By food Type (Organic, Regular, regional cuisine, and others). Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world.
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Global Meal Kit Subscription market across each in-dication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in Global Meal Kit Subscription market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Meal Kit Subscription market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Meal Kit Subscription market products of all major market players
• Government Agencies
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Global Meal Kit Subscription Market
1. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity – Porter 5 Forces
4. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – Segment Analysis
4.1. By Serving
4.1.1. Two-person plan
4.1.2. Three person plan
4.1.3. Four person plan
4.1.4. Four and more
4.2. By Food Type
4.2.3. Regional cuisine
5. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – By Geography
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The United States
5.2. South America
5.2.3. Rest of South America
5.3.2. United Kingdom
5.3.4. Rest of Europe
5.4.3. Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5. Rest of the World
6. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – Competitive Landscape
6.1. Market Share/ Rank Analysis
6.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7. Global Meal Kit Subscription Market – Company Profiles
7.1 Hello Fresh
7.2 Blue Apron
7.4 Sun Basket
7.5 Ahold USA
7.6 Chef’d, LLC
7.7 Green Chef Corporation
7.8 Marley Spoon GmbH
7.9 PeachDish Inc.
7.10 Try The World LLC
8. Global Meal Kit Market – Appendix