Global Low-Calorie Sweeteners Market is segmented by Type (Aspartame, Acesulfame-K, Cyclamate, Saccharin, and Other), By Source (Artificial, Natural), By Application (Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Low Calorie Sweeteners Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.72% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
Advantages of low-calorie sweeteners
- Low-calorie sweeteners have a higher sweet intensity compared to other sweeteners with the advantage of reducing the calorie count. This provides a major advantage for pharmaceuticals, food and beverage manufacturers, and consumers as it fulfills the sweet tooth and also reduces the calorie intake.
- Low-calorie sweeteners such as saccharin, acesulfame K, and other sweeteners were discovered earlier, but the commercialization of these products has been recently trending. With the growing awareness of high consumption of sugar and increasing incidences of diabetes, this market has gathered an impetus in recent times.
- These low-calorie sweeteners are also famous for their intense sweetness. The manufacturers have seen an attractive offer in this market as they are cost advantages compared to other sweeteners.
- Further, different combinations of these sweeteners were also approved by the regulatory authorities. These combinations produce better taste and consistency. Cyclamate and saccharin dominate the market in terms of volume as they are cheaper sources of sweetness among the sweeteners.
- Increased interest in weight management-led low-calorie sweeteners to play a vital role in achieving healthy consumption. Low-calorie sweeteners in food & beverages eliminate the calorie count still maintaining the palatability of the diet.
- For instance: a cola soft drink of 330 ml with sugar holds 139kcal. However, the use of low-calorie sweeteners in cola soft drinks can bring down the calorie count to as low as 0.7 kcal. The use of this low-calorie sweetener in drinks has reduced the calories count to negligible. Such instances are driving the market for low-calorie sweeteners.
- Apart from weight management, low calorie also aids in oral care. Due to their non-fermentable nature, the bacteria can’t perform any action and cause tooth decay. All these parameters have escalated the market positively.
- Based on the online survey conducted in the USA, more than 55% of the respondents have mentioned they consume low-calorie sweeteners. The awareness of the product, celebrity endorsements have led to the creation of huge demand for the market in this region.
- In European countries, the most frequently preferred sweeteners are Ace-K, aspartame, and cyclamate. Stringent regulatory guidelines and rigorous testing before the commercialization of the product in Europe are one of the major barriers for the market as the approval of a single product can take as long as 10-20 years.
- The regulatory bodies of the low-calorie sweeteners in the EU are EFSA and its food additives panel, ANS panel, which has members with proven scientific excellence.
- The market is categorized based on the types of sweeteners into Aspartame, Acesulfame-K, Cyclamate, Saccharin, Stevia, Xylitol, and Others. Based on Source, the market consists of two main categories namely Artificial and Natural.
- Based on the Application, the market has the following categories: Food & Beverages(Beverages, Baked Goods, Dairy & Frozen Desserts, Confectionery, and Others) and Pharmaceuticals. The report segments the geographies by region, which include North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
Marinades and Dressings Market
Carbon Fiber Market