Global Graphite Market is segmented By Type (Natural Graphite (Amorphous Graphite, Flake Graphite, Vein graphite), Synthetic Graphite (Graphite Electrode, Carbon Fiber, Graphite Blocks, Graphite Powder)), By Application (Lubrication, Refractories, Foundry, Battery Production), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Graphite Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- DataM analyses the complete scenario of the Global Graphite market, market segmentation, geographical analysis, companies, trends, and opportunities in the market.
- The market is segmented by type (Natural Graphite and Synthetic Graphite), by Applications ( Lubrication, Refractories, Foundry, and Battery Production), by End-user into Industries & Mining Companies.
Graphite Industry Dynamics
- Graphite is a carbon allotrope considered to be an essential material in green technology and widely used in photovoltaics, energy storage, and electronic products.
- Rising demand for electronic devices including tablets, laptops, mobile, and cameras offers the high potential of the lithium-ion battery industry.
- The global graphite market has observed notable growth in recent years.
- The escalating usage of graphite in the manufacturing of structural composite parts in aircraft is one of the factors for the growing demand for graphite.
- The Wind energy industry is using more and more graphite.
- However, Inadequate production capacity is restraining the market to grow and would adversely hamper the price of graphite.
- The increasing demand for lithium-ion batteries and fuel cells, in the wind energy industry, and also for the manufacture of structural composite parts used in aircraft is increasing graphite use.
- Insufficient production capacity is one of the restraints of the graphite market.
Graphite Market Segmentation
- By Type, the graphite market is segmented into natural graphite and synthetic graphite. The sub-segments of natural graphite are flake graphite, vein graphite, and amorphous graphite.
- Natural graphite is the fastest-growing type in the global graphite market. It is preferred by manufacturers across various end-use industries, owing to its low cost.
- A subtype of natural graphite is superior in quality to amorphous graphite, has a high demand from end users, and is used in some applications, including refractories, and batteries, owing to its high purity and large crystals.
- Moreover, advancing technology will propel graphite market growth.
- Among all applications, lubrication, refractories, foundry, battery production, and others (Automobile, diamond synthesis, electrolysis), refractories accounted for significant revenue share compared to other applications.
- The refractories segment is expected to dominate the global graphite market among applications. It held the largest market share in 2017, accounting for more than 43% of the market. This application is expected to grow steadily throughout the forecast period.
Global Graphite Market Regional Share
- Geographically, the global market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Among all regions, Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market and is likely to witness the highest growth over the years.
- China is the world’s largest graphite producer in 2017. It produced 780,000 MT of metal, the same amount it produced the previous two years.
- According to the US Geological Survey, China is the biggest supplier and exporter of natural graphite.
- The recent economic slowdown in China impacted global supply and further stagnated growth in the graphite market.
Graphite Industry Companies
- GrafTech International, Graphite India Limited, NIPPON GRAPHITE INDUSTRIES CO. LTD., TOKAI CARBON, HEG LIMITED, ENERGIZER RESOURCES INC., FOCUS GRAPHITE INC., SHOWA DENKO K.K., SANGRAF International, and AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V. are prominent players in the graphite market.
Aluminum Casting Market
Aluminium Composite Panels Market
Oxygen Free Copper Market