Genome Editing Market
- The global Genome Editing Market was valued at USD xx million in 2017. The research at DMI yielded diverse opinions about the market with the global Genome Editing market forecast valuation pegged at USD xx million by 2025.
- The research also revealed that the global Genome Editing Market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period (2018-2025).
About Genome Editing
- Genome editing is a scientific way of modifying DNA of many organisms such as plants, bacteria, and animals. By making changes in DNA it leads to change in physical traits, like eye color, and disease risk. Scientists use different technologies to carry out to remove, add, or replace the DNA where it was edited.
Growth factors and restraints for Genome Editing Market
- The global genome editing market growth is driven by several factors such as growing government initiatives in genome editing field and raising awareness of the genomics. However, a high cost of genomic equipment is restraining the growth of the market at its full potential.
Segmentation of the global genome editing market based on product and insights
- The Global Genome Editing market is segmented by Technology into CRISPR/Cas, TALEN, Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN), and Others.
- The CRISPR/Cas segment accounted for the largest part of the global genome editing market share as in 2017 due to its ability to multiply. It has the property of mutating multiple genes at a single time in parallel to targeting multiple sites simultaneously in the same cell.
- Advancement in the development of genome engineering technology such as zinc finger nuclease, TALEN, and CRISPR/Cas9 system is contributing to the study of the genomes of various organisms at the functional level easily and accurately.
Segmentation of the global genome editing market based on application and insights
- By application, the market is segmented into Genetic Engineering (Plant, Animal), Cell Line Engineering, Curing genetic diseases, Drug Discovery and Development, and Others.
- The cell line engineering segment accounted for the largest share of global genome editing market due to several factors such as raising awareness related to stem cell therapies globally, growing stem cell research industry, and raising funds from governments and private organizations.
Segmentation of the global market based on end user and insights
- Further, based on end-user, the market is segmented into Government & Academic Research Institutes, Biotech & Pharmaceutical Companies, and Contract Research Organizations.
- The biotech & pharmaceutical companies segment accounted for the largest market share of global genome editing market due to growing research activities for increasing infectious diseases and cancer cases globally.
Segmentation of the global market based on region and insights
- Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. North America dominates the global genome editing market due to several factors such as the development of gene therapy in the US, increasing cases of infectious diseases and cancer, and growing usage of genetically modified (GM) crops.
Features of this report
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The major part of the global Genome Editing market share is constituted of the following companies: Alere Inc, Genscript USA Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Horizon Discovery Group PLC, Merck KGaA, Origene Technologies Inc., Sangamo Biosciences Inc., Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals Inc., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc., and Synbio Technologies. This report profiles the aforementioned companies.
Key takeaways from this report
The professional purchasing the DMI report on global sesame seeds market will be able to do the following:
- Visualize the composition of the Global Genome Editing market across each indication, in terms of type and applications, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Global Genome Editing by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Global Genome Editing market – level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the key Global Genome Editing products of all major market players