Diabetes Therapeutics Market
- The global diabetes Therapeutics market is estimated to be USD XX million in 2017, and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% in the forecasted period to reach a market value of USD XX million by 2025.
- Growing focus on regenerative therapies, the presence of strong product pipeline portfolio, companies focus on oral insulin therapies, and increasing technological advancements across the world which are helping in R&D are some of the key trends in the global diabetes therapeutics market.
Diabetes Therapeutics Market Dynamics
- Consumer’s preference on self-medication for the treatment of diabetes, growing demand for biologics, the presence of high unmet needs, and broad scope for Dimethyl disulfide (DMD’s) are some of the key factors driving the growth of the diabetes therapeutics market.
- Growing complexity in storage and distribution of the insulin, highly unpredictable nature of drugs in the outcome on humans, raising concerns in the scientific communities and gap in the national level diabetes management plans are some of the critical challenges for the growth of the diabetes therapeutics market.
Diabetes Therapeutics Segmentation
- The diabetes therapeutics market by disease type has been segmented into type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and Gestational diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is one of the most prevalent forms of diabetes across the world.
- The majority of the population suffering from diabetes is the older population, though it is estimated the market is growing at a higher rate in the younger people. With marketed products, Actos, Januvia, Lantus, and Lantus Solostar have the highest revenue share in the United States. The gestational diabetes market is growing at the highest growth rate in the forecasted period.
Global Diabetes Therapeutics Segmentation by Geography
- North America dominates the global diabetes therapeutics market share in 2017, and the region is estimated to dominate the global market by the end of the forecasted period 2025.
- Growing prevalence of diabetes in the United States and potential opportunities for the development of the high unmet needs, increasing demand for safer and efficient drug are the significant factors for the market to dominate by the end of the forecasted period. The prevalence of type II diabetes in Europe is increasing due to changing lifestyle and changing food consumption preferences.
Diabetes Therapeutics Industry Competitive Landscape
- The global diabetes therapeutics market is a consolidated market with 90% of the market being dominated by the top 10 companies in the industry. Novo Nordisk, Sanofi, Eli Lilly, and Merck are some of the major companies in the diabetes therapeutics industry with these four companies occupying more than 70% of the market share in 2017.
- Merck is estimated to significantly lose it’s more than half of the market share by the end of the forecasted period 2025 with Boehringer Ingelheim gaining the large market share. Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Boehringer Ingelheim and Sanofi with have the largest market share in 2025 with these four companies occupying 72.6% market share.
The scope of the Report
Segmentation by Marketed Drugs
- Lantus (Sanofi)
- Janumet (Merck)
- Humalog (Eli Lilly)
- Victoza (Novo Nordisk)
- Trulicity (Eli Lilly)
- Januvia (Merck)
- Levemir (Novo Nordisk)
- Trajenta (Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Novolog (Novo Nordisk)
Segmentation by Diseases
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Segmentation by Drug Class
- Insulin Therapies
- Non-Insulin Therapies
The report also covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
Why Purchase the Report?
• Visualize the composition of the global diabetes therapeutics market with a clear distinction between each design type and usage type.
• Identify commercial opportunities in the global diabetes therapeutics market analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the worldwide diabetes therapeutics market.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Global Diabetes Therapeutics Market
1. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the report
2. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Industry Analysis
2.1 Market Drivers
2.2 Market Restraints
2.3 Porters Five Forces
3. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Market Overview
3.1 Epidemiology Analysis
3.2 Clinical Trial Analysis
4. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Product Pipeline Analysis
5. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Segmentation by Marketed Drugs
5.1 Lantus (Sanofi)
5.2 Janumet (Merck)
5.3 Humalog (Eli Lilly)
5.4 Victoza (Novo Nordisk)
5.5 Trulicity (Eli Lilly)
5.6 Januvia (Merck)
5.7 Levemir (Novo Nordisk)
5.8 Trajenta (Boehringer Ingelheim)
5.9 Novolog (Novo Nordisk)
6. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Segmentation by Diseases
6.1 Type 1 diabetes
6.2 Type 2 diabetes
6.3 Gestational diabetes
7. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Segmentation by Drug Class
7.1 Insulin Therapies
7.2 Non-Insulin Therapies
8. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Segmentation by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2.1 United Kingdom
8.2.5 Rest of Europe
8.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.4.3 Rest of South America
8.5 Rest of the World
9. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market Player Analysis
9.2 Key Strategies Adopted by Major companies
10. Diabetes Therapeutics Market - Company Profiles
10.1 Novo Nordisk
10.4 Eli Lilly
10.6 Boehringer Ingelheim
10.7 Johnson and Johnson
10.9 Takeda Pharmaceutical
11.2 Contact Us