Amphoteric Surfactants Market is segmented By Technology (Amine Oxides, Ampho Acetates, Betaines, Amphopropionates, Alkyl Sultaines, Others), By End-User Application (Personal care products, Industrial and house cleaning products, Agricultural adjuvants, Oil field chemicals, Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global "Amphoteric Surfactants Market" is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 7.3% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Amphoteric Surfactants possess the ability to simultaneously carry the anionic and cationic hydrophilic group with its structure containing hermaphroditic ions which can form cation or anion according to the conditions.
- Amphoteric surfactants are majorly preferred owing to their enhanced properties such as low toxicity, antibacterial properties, resistance to hard water, and compatibility with other surfactants.
- The primary applications of amphoteric surfactants include shampoo foaming agents, daily chemical industry, textile industry, food and pharmaceuticals, dry cleaning agents, and dyeing auxiliaries.
- Increasing demand for personal care products, rising urbanization, growing demand for sulfate-free products, easy availability of amphoteric surfactants-based products, demand for amphoteric surfactants from the end-user, and concerns over harmful effects of synthetic surfactants are the major factors responsible for boosting the global amphoteric surfactants market.
- Rising concerns over the harmful effects of synthetic surfactants are the primary factor responsible for driving the growth of the global amphoteric surfactants market.
- According to a research article published by the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, long-term use of amphoteric surfactants can cause skin irritation and lead to some degree of damage. They might enter the human body, damage the enzyme activity and thus disrupt the body’s normal physiological function.
- Owing to these factors, the concerns over the harmful effects of synthetic surfactants are anticipated to drive the growth of the global amphoteric surfactants market in the future. Moreover, according to the United Nations, 55% of the world’s population in 2018 resided in urban areas, and this is expected to reach 68% by 2050.
- Owing to the growth in the urbanization rate, the lifestyle of the people is expected to take a drastic shift towards preferring hygienic and safe personal care products. Thus, the rising urbanization rate is a significant factor contributing to the growth of the global amphoteric surfactants market.
- However, volatile raw material prices and stringent regulations imposed by the major nations of the world are the crucial factors restraining the global amphoteric surfactants market.
- The Global Amphoteric Surfactants Market has been segmented by type, end-user application, and geography.
- Based on the end-user application, the market is segmented as personal care products, industrial and house cleaning products, agricultural adjuvants, oil field chemicals, and others.
- The personal care products segment is the dominant segment of the global amphoteric surfactants market owing to the increasing demand for amphoteric surfactants in personal care products such as shampoos. According to the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), the cosmetics and personal care segment accounted for 31.7% of the total global retail sales, the highest in all the layers compared to 30.4% in 2016. Owing to these reasons, the personal care products segment is expected to dominate the global amphoteric surfactants market in the future.
- The Global Amphoteric Surfactants Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the Middle East and Africa.
- The Asia Pacific region is further segmented into the following areas like India, China, Japan, Australia, and others.
- The Asia Pacific region in the dominant segment of the global amphoteric surfactants market was owing to the presence of a large number of surfactants manufacturers in this region coupled with the growing demand for amphoteric surfactants in personal care products and increasing per capita incomes of people residing in the Asia Pacific countries. According to the statistics by the World Bank, the per capita GDP of the Asia Pacific region is rising at a rapid pace.
- The time taken for China’s GDP per capita to double was only 10.84 years, followed by the Korea Republic with 11.7 years. Moreover, the growth of the personal care industry in Asian countries such as China, Thailand, and India, is a significant factor contributing to the growth of the global amphoteric surfactants market.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the retail sales of personal care and beauty products in China rose from USD 32.9 billion in 2016 to USD 37.1 billion in 2017. Owing to these factors, the Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the global amphoteric surfactants market in the future.
- Some of the major players in this market incorporate competitive strategies like mergers and acquisitions to retain their market competitiveness.
- For instance, in December 2018, Clariant Corporation, a world leader in specialty chemicals announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Saudi Kayan, a joint-stock company leading in the fields of chemicals, polymers, and specialty products to establish a manufacturing plant of alkoxylates used in personal care products.
- In October 2018, Solvay finalized a joint agreement with French Biotech producer Deinove SA to commercialize a novel, natural ingredient for skincare products in North America and Asia.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The Global Amphoteric Surfactants Market is segmented based on the type of the product as amine oxides, alkyl sultanas, amphoacetates, Betaines, Amphopropionates, and others. Based on the end-user application, the market is segmented as personal care products, industrial and house cleaning products, agricultural adjuvants, oil field chemicals, and others. Based on the geography, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa (ROW).
- The report profiles the following companies- Akzo Nobel NV, BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Lubrizol Corporation, Clariant Corporation, Stepan Company, Lonza Company, Solvay, Oxiteno SA, and Sino Japan Chemical Co.
Elastomeric Coating Market
Elastomeric Sealants Market
Phosphoric Acid Market