Advanced Ceramics Market
- Advanced Ceramics, also known as Technical Ceramics or Engineered Ceramics, are specialized ceramics that stand out due to high resistance to corrosion, erosion and wear, electrical and thermal insulation at high temperatures and high heat resistance.
- Many industries including chemical, industrial, medical, electronic, electrical engineering, electric heating and sanitary rely on advanced ceramics to solve their difficult problems.
- The global advanced ceramics market by volume accounted for USD XX million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.65%by 2025.
Advanced Ceramics Market Drivers and Restraints
- The increasing use of advanced ceramics in various end-user industries such as medical, electronic and electrical and machinery industries is the major driver of the advanced ceramics market.
- The advanced ceramics are being adopted at a higher rate as an alternative to metals and plastics, due to the growing awareness regarding their eco-friendly benefits such as biodegradability, durability, and high tensile strength.
- For instance, in June 2018, Morgan Advanced Materials has launched a new low-bio persistent fiber Superwool® XTRA, which provides high-temperature tolerance, improved pollutant resistance and a chemical formulation that meets the stringent Environmental Health & Safety requirements. Moreover, the technological advancements in enhancing the properties of the ceramics are boosting the market growth.
- However, the huge capital investments required, regulatory constraints, and environmental issues caused by the ceramics might hamper the market potential for technical ceramics market.
- Moreover, the availability of materials such as metal alloys and a few carbon-enhanced plastics which are a cheaper alternative when compared to the advanced ceramics hinders the growth of the market.
- The extensive use of coated machinery components has been shifting the preference of the consumers to advanced coatings, and the technological advancements in the deposition processes are expected to open new market opportunities.
Advanced Ceramics Market Application based segmentation
- The global advanced ceramics market is segmented by material, class, and application.
- By material, the global advanced ceramics market is segmented into titanite, alumina, zirconia, silicon carbide, and others. Alumina ceramics are commonly used advanced ceramic material due to its excellent physical properties.
- Alumina ceramics are employed in many end-use industries such as transportation, chemical, electrical & electronics, and medical.
- By class, the global advanced ceramics market is segmented into monolithic ceramics, ceramic coatings, ceramic matrix composites, and others. Monolithic ceramics occupy the major share of the market, owing to the increasing use as an alternative to metals and plastics and increasing demand from the medical industry.
- However, factors such as high cost and recyclability issue may hinder the growth of the monolithic class advanced ceramics.
- By application, the global advanced ceramics market is segmented into electrical equipment, catalyst supports, electronic devices, wear parts, engine parts, filters, and others.
Advanced Ceramics Regional Analysis
- The global advanced ceramics market is segmented into the regions as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and others. North America is the largest market owing to the high adoption in various end-user industries.
- The Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region owing to the rapid industrialization in these regions. The growth of the major end-use industries such as construction/ infrastructure mainly in Asian countries such as China and India are expected to drive the advanced ceramics market. Further, the increased technological innovations for the use of advanced ceramics in the nanotechnologies and the higher adoption in wind turbines and other pollution control applications is expected to increase the demand for advanced ceramics in the Asia Pacific region.
Advanced Ceramics Market Competitive Trends
- The global advanced ceramics market is highly competitive with the presence of major market players in all the regions.
- The key market players are highly focused on developing new technologies for unique applications.
- For instance, in February 2018, CeramTec has acquired UK electro-ceramics business from Morgan Advanced Materials, which is expected to bring new technological developments and help in manufacturing even broader spectrum of products and applications.
Few of the key market players of the global advanced ceramics market are:
• Advanced Ceramic Manufacturing, LLC.
• Asahi Glass Co.
• Corning Inc.
• Ceramtec GmbH
• Coorstek Inc.
• Kyocera Corporation.
• Morimura Group (Japan)
• Morgan Advanced Materials PLC
• Rauschert Steinbach GmbH
• Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials
Key Takeaways in this report
• Alumina-based advanced ceramics are the leading segment owing to its higher adoption rate in many end-user industries.
• North America is the leading geographic segment, owing to the major share.
• In terms of growth rate, the market will expand rapidly in APAC owing to the rapid industrialization and increased adoption in the construction industry.
The scope of the Report
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- Advanced Ceramics Market is segmented based on the material as titanate, alumina, zirconia, silicon carbide, and others. Based on the application the market is segmented as – electrical equipment, catalyst supports, electronic devices, wear parts, engine parts, filters, and others.
- Based on the class the market is categorized as monolithic ceramics, ceramic coatings, ceramic matrix composites, and others. Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa.
Why Purchase the Report?
• Visualize the composition of the advanced ceramics market across each indication, in terms of material and application, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in advanced ceramics market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points from the advanced ceramics market – level 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players
Who can derive maximum benefit from this report?
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Advanced Ceramics Market
1. Advanced Ceramics Market Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Advanced Ceramics Industry Trends
2.1 Key Trends & Developments
3. Advanced Ceramics Market Outlook
3.1 Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2 Porter 5 Forces
4. Product-based Analysis
4.1 By Material
4.1.4 Silicon Carbide
4.1.5 Others (Ferrite, Silicon nitride)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Electrical equipment
4.2.2 Catalyst supports
4.2.3 Electronic devices
4.2.4 Wear parts
4.2.5 Engine parts
4.2.6 Others (Filters, Bioceramics)
4.3 By Class
4.3.1 Monolithic Ceramics
4.3.2 Ceramic Coatings
4.3.3 Ceramic Matrix Composites
4.3.4 Others (Advanced Coatings, Multilayer Ceramics)
5. Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1 Global Advanced Ceramics Market- Geographic Overview
5.2 North America
5.3 South America
5.3.3 Rest of South America
5.4.2 United Kingdom
5.4.4 Rest of Europe
5.5.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. Competitive Analysis
6.1 Competitive Scenario
6.2 Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
6.3 Product Benchmarking
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturing, LLC.
7.2 Asahi Glass Co.
7.3 Blasch Precision Ceramics Inc.
7.4 Ceradyne Inc.
7.5 Ceramtec GmbH
7.6 CoorsTek Inc.
7.7 Corning Inc.
7.8 Kyocera Corporation.
7.9 Mcdanel Advanced Ceramic Technologies LLC
7.10 Morgan Advanced Materials PLC
7.11 Morimura Group
7.12 NSG Group
7.13 Rauschert Steinbach GmbH
7.14 Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials
7.15 SCHOTT AG