Global Synthetic Paper Market is segmented By Product (High-density polyethylene, Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene, Others), By Manufacturing Process (Fiber Synthetic Paper, Film Synthetic Paper, Film-Laminate Synthetic Paper), By Application (Labels, Non-Labels), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Synthetic Paper Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 7.6% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- The key factors driving the market for the synthetic paper market are rising demand from packaging & label industries, from wood paper to synthetic paper due to environmental concerns. However, fluctuating prices of raw materials are hindering the growth of the market. Volatility in prices of crude oil is leading to impact the costs of PP and PE.
Increasing Demand from Packaging & Label Industries
- Growing demand for synthetic paper from the packaging and labeling industries is a significant driver boosting the growth of the market. Synthetic paper is commonly used in the packaging of beverages as it holds excellent writability and printability.
- Synthetic paper allows manufacturers to innovate new designs for labels in packaging which can be striking and attractive to the customers. Also, during synthetic processing paper produces non-toxic by-products and due to its long shelf life, waterproof features, resistance to tearing that makes artificial paper ideal for packaging.
- Based on the product the global market for Synthetic Paper are broadly segmented as – High-density polyethylene (HDPE), Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP), and Others.
- The Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) segment holds the largest market share of about over 50% of the global market value due to high demand from the flexible packaging application.
- BOPP is widely used in the labeling & packaging of products and various other applications like printing, publication, map, label and tag, and thermal paper. On the other hand, HDPE is low cost compared to BOPP and is used in various applications of packaging, and it has growing popularity in emerging economies like China, Brazil, India, and Russia.
- By Manufacturing Process, the market is segmented into Fiber Synthetic Paper, Film Synthetic Paper, and Film-Laminate Synthetic Paper. Further, by applications, the market is segmented into Labels and Non-Labels.
Market Geographical Share
- By geography, the global Synthetic Paper market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and ROW. The Asia Pacific is dominating the global synthetic paper market with a market share of over 40% regional market accounting for a volume share of 40.6% in 2017.
- The Asia-Pacific synthetic paper market is growing due to rising demand from the packaging industry in emerging economies like China and India. The increasing consumption of food & beverage is expected to boost the demand for synthetic papers. China is the largest market within Asia-Pacific due to the growing preference for eco-friendly products, predominantly in tag & label application.
- The principal competitors in the market are actively seeking to launch novel products that hold to address an existing unmet need in the market. The players are also focusing on strategic collaborations and agreements to expand the geographic footprint and intensify market competitiveness.
- In March 2018, Ampacet introduced SynWrap, a synthetic tissue paper that provides superior moisture barrier properties as well as recyclability and tears resistance when compared to conventional products used for gift and floral wrap, packaging, deli/food cover, and a wide range of craft applications.
- In Jan 2018, PPG launched Teslin label stock, a new portfolio of durable, printable, and secure labels that are designed to help label-converting customers leverage the properties of the substrate.
Few of the key players in the global Synthetic Paper market include
- Arjobex SAS
- Yupo Corporation
- PPG Industries
- Taghleef Industries Group
- American Profol Inc
- Agfa-Gevaert Group
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
- Relyco Sales, Inc
- Growing demand from packaging & label industries, especially for wood paper to synthetic paper due to environmental concerns are some of the factors driving the growth of the market.
- The Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) segment has the highest market share of about more than 50% of the global market value in 2017.
- The Asia Pacific is the dominating the global synthetic paper market with a market share of over 40% regional market accounting for a volume share of 40.6% in 2017.
The scope of the Report
- The report covers epidemiology analysis of critical infectious diseases, the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. The synthetic paper market is segmented based on the product as High-density polyethylene (HDPE), Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP), and Others.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market is segmented as –Fiber Synthetic Paper, Film Synthetic Paper, and Film-Laminate Synthetic Paper. Further, based on application, the market is segmented into Labels and Non-Labels. Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global Synthetic Paper market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in the global Synthetic Paper market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global Synthetic Paper market.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Magnet Wire Market
Polyimide Film Market
Specialty Paper and Boards Market