Global Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Market is segmented By Drug Type (Antibiotics, Anti-fungal agents), By End User (Outpatient clinics, Emergency Department, Inpatient ward), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Market are expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections (SSTI) result from the microbial invasion of the surface and its supporting structures.
- They encompass a broad spectrum of inflammatory diseases of the skin, subcutis, fascia, and muscles.
- SSTIs are the second most common infection encountered in hospitals.
- SSTIs can lead to complications with significant morbidity, including hospitalization, surgical procedures, bacteremia, and even death.
- The global Skin and Soft Tissue Infections market is estimated to show significant growth.
- Major market drivers include raising some MRSA infections and new product developments.
- Resistance to new strains of infectious bacteria is the most critical factor affecting the SSTI drug market, in both community and hospital settings.
- Global Skin and Soft Tissue Infections market report segments the market by drug class, end-user, and by region.
- Based on the medications used for its treatment, the market includes antibiotics and anti-fungal agents.
- Antibiotics further include beta-lactam and macrolides.
Market Geographical Share
- The skin and soft tissue infections market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America will dominate the market owing to high the incidence of infections.
- SSTIs account for more than 14 million physician office visits each year in the US, as well as emergency department visits and hospitalizations.
Market Scope of the report
The report also profiles the following companies of the Skin and Soft Tissue Infections market – Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Wockhardt Limited, Atox Bio Inc., Durata Therapeutics, Inc., Basilea Pharmaceutica AG, and Melinta Therapeutics Inc.
By Drug Type
- Anti-fungal agents
- Outpatient clinics
- Emergency department
- Inpatient ward
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Anti-malarial Drugs Market
Invasive Fungal Infection Market
Buy this report
Request new version