- The vulnerability of seeds to various diseases, pests, unfamiliar weather conditions is raising the demand for seed treatment.
- Seed treatment helps the plants overcome pre and post-emergence threats.
- Seed treatment involves the application of chemical or biological substances to control disease organisms, insects, or other pests.
- Most of the seed treatments are applied to the right seeds, such as corn, wheat, or soybean, which have a seed coat surrounding an embryo. However, some seed treatments can be applied to vegetative propagation materials, such as bulbs, corms, or tubers (such as potato seed pieces).
- Global Seed Treatment Market was valued at USD xx million in 2018.
- Research at DMI yielded diverse opinions about the market with the market forecast valuation pegged at USD xx million by 2026.
- It also revealed that the Seed Treatment Market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of xx% during the period (2019-2026).
- The market is primarily classified based on crops into corn, Soybeans, Wheat, Canola, Cotton, and others.
- Corn with a 34% market share followed by Soybeans and Wheat with 24% and 23% market share respectively. Other crops include Canola, Cotton, Rice, Sunflower, Potatoes and sugar beets.
- By origin into Chemical Seed Treatment and Bio-Chemical Seed Treatment.
- Further, the market is segmented based on the Application Method into Seed Coating, Seed Pelleting, and Seed Dressing.
- The market segments hold a large market share during the forecast period.
- The market is classified based on function into Crop protection and Seed Enhancement.
- Based on crops in fruits & Vegetables, Turf & Ornamental, Grains & Cereals, Oil crops & Pulses, and others.
- This report segments the geographies during the forecast period by region, which includes North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America is leading the global seed treatment market has a 43% market share, with significant contribution from the US.
- Syngenta, Bayer, BASF, and Monsanto are some of the significant participants in the worldwide market.
- They together take 82% of the global seed treatment market share. Other notable players include Nufarm, Dupont, Incotec, Sumitomo.
Features of this report
- The report covers factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- It profiles the following companies: BASF SE, Incotec Group BV, Bayer Crop science AG, E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company, Monsanto Company, Nufarm Limited, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd, Syngenta AG, The Dow Chemical Company, and Platform Speciality Products Corporation.
Key takeaways from this report
- Visualize the composition of Seed Treatment market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for crucial Seed Treatment products of all major market players.
1. Global Seed Treatment Market– Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Global Seed Treatment Market – Industry trends
2.1 Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Seed Treatment Market – Market Outlook
3.1 Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2 Porter 5 Forces
3.3 Import & Export Analysis
3.4 Regulatory Analysis
4. Product-based Analysis
4.1 By Origin
4.1.1 Chemical Seed Treatment
4.1.2 Bio Chemical Seed Treatment
4.2 By Application Method
4.2.1 Seed Pelleting
4.2.2 Seed Dressing
4.2.3 Seed Coating
4.3 By Function
4.3.1 Crop Protection
4.3.2 Seed Enhancement
5. Market Segmentation – By Crops
5.1 Seed Treatment-Crops Overview (Share of the application/end-user)
5.2 Turf & Ornamental
5.3 Oil crops & Pulses
5.4 Fruits & Vegetables
5.5 Grains & Cereals
6. Regional, Country-level Analysis
6.1 Seed Treatment- Geographic Overview (Share of the regions)
6.2 North America
6.2.1 The USA
6.3 South America
6.4.2 The United Kingdom
7. Competitive Analysis
7.1 Market Share Analysis
7.2 Price Trend Analysis
7.3 Key Strategies
7.4 Product Benchmarking
8. Company Profiles
8.1 BASF SE
8.2 Incotec Group BV
8.3 Bayer CropScience AG
8.4 E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
8.5 Monsanto Company
8.6 Nufarm Limited
8.7 Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd
8.8 Syngenta AG
8.9 The Dow Chemical Company
8.10 Platform Speciality Products Corporation
9.2 Analysis Supporting Database
9.3 List of Tables
9.4 List of Figures