Ride Sharing Market
- Ride sharing is passengers transportation alternative where people share vehicle seats to reduce their cost of transportation.
- Ride sharing services will lessen the traffic, vehicle emissions into the environment and reduces vehicle cost. The person needs to use specific service provider smart phone apps to avail the services.
- Ride-sharing still constitutes a tiny percentage in the total vehicle miles traveled. Smartphone & GPS has changed the ride sharing market dramatically. Once the number of users & drivers reach the critical mass, it results in an extremely efficient system.
Ride Sharing Industry Trends
- As smartphone penetration, internet penetration and urban population increases, ride sharing market will overgrow.
- The ride-sharing market has impacted the Auto Industry in a significant way. In a well-functioning ride sharing environment ride sharing users often postpone car purchase. This is especially true in developing countries.
- Lack of parking space and permits in the major cities is the crucial restraint that affecting the market growth.
- Although Ride sharing drivers often work long hours, they earn barely above minimum wage & don’t enjoy any other benefits that are available to full-time employees. Which is a significant disadvantage for the market?
Ride Sharing Market Segmentation
- The market can be segmented into Peer to Peer Car sharing, Free-floating Car sharing, Stationary Car sharing, and others.
- Transportation Network Companies is the most significant segment. Transportation Network Companies offer rides in private passenger cars.
- Thereby the passenger requests a trip and will then be matched with a driver. Carpooling Services charge a commission for helping people going the same way to organize carpools using private vehicles. Others include online taxi bookings.
Global Ride-Sharing Sector Geographical Share
- By region, the market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-pacific and rest of the world.
- China dominates the ride sharing market regarding revenue.
- The market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to expand in the future.
- The combined share of China & United States in Ride sharing market is around 77%.
Ride Sharing Market Competition Size
Didi Chuxing is the biggest ride-sharing service based company followed by Uber. BlaBlaCar is one of the most prominent carpooling company. Other players include Lyft, Grab, Curb, Ola, Gett, BlaBlaCar, Zimride, and Car2Go.
- Peer to Peer Car sharing
- Free-floating Car sharing
- Stationary Car sharing
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
Reasons for purchasing this report?
- Visualize the composition of the Global Ride sharing market across each indication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in Global Ride sharing market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Ride sharing market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Ride sharing market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Government Agencies
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Ride Sharing Market
1. Ride Sharing Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Ride Sharing Market – Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Ride Sharing Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Ride Sharing Market Segmentation – By Type
4.1. Peer to Peer Car sharing
4.2. Free-floating Car sharing
4.3. Stationary Car sharing
5. Ride Sharing Market – Forecast Analysis
6. Ride Sharing Market – Strategy Analysis
7. Ride Sharing Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The United States
7.2. South America
7.2.3. Rest of South America
7.3.3. United Kingdom
7.3.4. Rest of Europe
7.4.3. Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5. Rest of the world
8. Ride Sharing Market – Company Profiles
8.1. Didi Chuxing
9. Ride Sharing Market – Appendix