Global Residential Architectural Coating Market is segmented By Coating Type (Interior coatings, Exterior coating), By Resin Type (Epoxies, Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), Alkyds, Fluoropolymer, Others), By Application Type (Brush, Roller, Spray), By Technology Type (Waterborne coating, Solvent-borne coating), By Substrate Type (Wood product, Metal, Wallboard, Plastic), By Sales Channel (Direct, Indirect), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Residential Architectural Coating Market is expected to grow at a CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Architectural coatings include sealers, paints, and specialty coatings for residential applications such as floors, roofs, decks, pavement, walkways, and others.
- They are designed to provide a protective and decorative layer on the surface of an architectural feature or fixture in both interior and exterior surfaces.
- Residential architectural coatings market is expected to grow
- Most coatings are applied to surfaces using brushes, sprayers, rollers, and other application. Powder particles or liquid film coatings are converted into stable film coatings through one of several film drying, curing or forming processes: cross-linking, evaporation, coalescence, or fusion bonding.
- Architectural coatings are responsible for preventing corrosion and temperature resistance, increasing durability for end products and low fire-hazards risks properties is becoming an essential part of residential sectors.
- The substrates used for the development of architectural coatings are wood products, masonry, bare plaster, metal, wallboard, and plastic.
- These products are majorly used for the development of organic coatings.
- According to the Paint Quality Institute, Water-based paints make up 80% of household paints. ASTM D5146-10 Standard is used for Testing Solvent-Borne Architectural Coatings and ASTM D5324-16 Standard Guide for Testing Water-Borne Architectural Coatings these standards are used on the exterior, interior or both types of surfaces.
- Increasing global housing construction activities in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and the United States are expected to boost market growth. This has been a significant driver for the global residential architectural coating market.
- The volatile organic compounds (VOC) released from solvent-borne coatings which have increased the market for waterborne coating.
- The properties of the waterborne coating, like low odor, more durability, and block resistance, are leading to the water-borne coating as a preferable option. This has been a driver for global residential architectural coating market.
- The volatile organic compounds (VOC) released from solvent-borne coatings. The evaporation of solvents can be uncomfortable for workers or even hazardous to their health which has been a significant restraint for the global residential architectural coating market. ASTM D3960-05 standard imposed on VOC that measures the volatile organic compound (VOC) content in solvent-borne and waterborne paints and related coatings as determined from the quantity of material released from a sample under specified bake conditions and subtracting exempt volatile compounds and water which has been a significant restraint for global residential architectural coating market.
By Technology Type
- The technologies used for residential architectural coating are solvent-borne coatings and waterborne coating. The waterborne coating has the primary market as compare to solvent-borne coatings as solvent-borne coating release VOC which cause air pollution and is harmful to the environment and people.
By Resin Type
- The resin types are epoxies, polyvinylidene fluoride, alkyds, fluoropolymer, and others. Waterborne epoxy, acrylic resins are dominating the market compared to another resin-type as acrylic resins are resistant to chemical fumes, outdoor durability, and resistance to discoloration at high temperatures.
Key market segments covered
BY COATING TYPE
- Interior coatings
- Exterior coating
BY RESIN TYPE
- Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF)
BY APPLICATION TYPE
BY TECHNOLOGY TYPE
- Waterborne coating
- Solvent-borne coating
BY SUBSTRATE TYPE
- Wood product
BY SALES CHANNEL
Decorative Coatings Market
Coil Coatings Market
US Silicone Adhesives Market
Hot Melt Adhesives Market