Global Organic Seeds Market is segmented By Seed Type (Vegetable Seeds, Oil Seeds, Fruits & Nut Seeds, Conventional Crop Seeds, Others (Flowers, Cotton, Tobacco, etc)), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029.
The Organic Seeds Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 12.1% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Organic seed has yet to gain a solid footing in ecological farming systems. The organic industry is nowhere near universal natural seed usage.
- Seed companies state that farmers’ hesitation to purchase organic seed is the primary restraint for declined investment in organic seeds. Organic seed is often more costly to produce than conventional seed. Only a small proportion of the seed currently used by organic farmers is certified as organically grown seed.
- Organic plant breeding has limited value until varieties containing improved genetics are available to farmers in the form of high-quality seed and sufficient quantities. The lack of skilled organic seed producers remains a significant challenge to building the availability of organic seed.
- But despite all these factors, the organic seed market is growing due to increasing organic & sustainable farming and consumer demand for natural products.
- EU has made the use of organic seeds in organic production mandatory since the year 2001. Regulatory standards for organic farming affect the organic seeds market in each country.
- The global Organic seeds market is segmented by seed type and by region.
- By type, the market is segmented into Vegetables, oilseeds, Fruits & Nuts, conventional crops, and others. Vegetables such as Lettuce & Tomato are dominant in organic vegetable seeds that are sold globally.
- By region, the market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and the rest of the world.
Asia-pacific is the biggest market for organic seeds market mostly due to Australia.
- In Australia, all organic farms will be grown from organic seeds. Therefore, Australia has the biggest market in the Asia-pacific region.
- Europe is the second biggest region for the organic seed market.
- North America has a relatively smaller share of the market because the National Organic Program in the US allows certified organic operations to use untreated, conventional seed when an equivalent organic variety is commercially unavailable. This is the primary reason for the slower growth of the organic seeds market in the US.
Industry Competitive Landscape Organic Seeds Market
- The global Organic seed market is very competitive. Some of the prominent players in the organic seed market are Renee’s Garden Seeds, Johnny’s Selected Seeds, High Mowing Organic Seeds, Seed Savers Exchange, Farm Direct Organic Seed, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, Territorial Seed Company, and others.
- Wholesalers are dominating the sales with increasing farmers are purchasing their organic seeds directly from the wholesale dealers.
Key market segments covered
• Fruits & Nuts
• Conventional crops
• Others (Flowers, Cotton, Tobacco)
• North America
• South America
• the Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
The scope of the report
- The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Organic Seeds Market is segmented By Type (Vegetables, Herbs & Spices, Fruits, Berries & Nuts, Grains, Others (Flowers, Cotton, Tobacco)) Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world.
Organic Fertilizers Market
Sesame Seeds Market
Organic Baby Food