Global Naphthalene Market is segmented By Type (Naphthols, Naphthalene Sulfonate, Phthalic anhydride, and Others), By Application (Intermediate for Production of Organic Compounds, Low-Volatility Solvents, Moth Repellent and Others), By End-Users (Construction, Paper & Pulp, Paints & coatings and Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Naphthalene Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Naphthalene can have two significant sources of coal tar and petroleum. Coal tar has approx. 10% naphthalene while oil has only 2%. The world's 90% naphthalene is produced using coal tar only. Naphthalene is mainly used to produce other organic compounds such as phthalic anhydride and naphthalene sulfonates.
- The market is driven by several factors such as growing demand for naphthalene sulfonate-formaldehyde in concrete admixtures, increasing use of naphthalene in the textile industry.
- However, the market growth is restrained by growing environmental concerns regarding naphthalene use in pesticides and the growing use of o-xylene, instead of naphthalene, for phthalic anhydride production.
- The global Naphthalene market is segmented by type such a Naphthols (1-Naphthol, 2-Naphthol, Others), Naphthalene Sulfonate, Phthalic anhydride, and Others. By application, the market is segmented into Intermediate for Production of Organic Compounds, Low-Volatility Solvents, Moth Repellent, Pesticides, Wetting Agent and Surfactant, and Others.
- Further based on end-user, the market is segmented into Construction, Paper & pulp, Paints & coatings, Agrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, and Others (Leather tanning, rubber synthesis, and detergents).
Product Type Insights
- Naphthalene sulfonates accounted for the largest market segment of naphthalene consumption and China is leading the naphthalene sulfonates market. Chinas expansion was strongly influenced by growing demand for the use of naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde condensate (also known as superplasticizer) in concrete admixtures. However, there is a to polycarboxylate superplasticizer recently.
- Geographically, the global Naphthalene market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. China is the largest consumer of naphthalene globally which can be used in phthalic anhydride, naphthalene sulfonates, or dyestuff intermediates. Chinese naphthalene sulfonate consumption is approx. 80% of the global naphthalene consumption.
- China, along with Japan and other Asian countries accounted for more than 50% of the global Naphthalene market.
Market Key Players
- The significant players of Naphthalene market include Apin Chemicals Limited, Compro Shijiazhuang Fine Chemical Co., Ltd., CarbonTech Group, Daikaffil Chemicals India Limited, Industrial Química del Nalón, S.A., (NalonChem), IWAKI SEIYAKU CO., LTD., Merck Millipore, PCC Rokita SA, RÜTGERS Belgium n.v., and Wuxi Kinghan Bio-Medical&Chemical Inc.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
Elastomer Coated Fabrics Market
U S Mono-Ethylene Glycol Market