Global Lower Respiratory Tract Therapeutics Market is segmented by Disease Type (Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Bronchitis, Others), By Drug Class (Antibiotics, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, Cough Suppressant, Nasal decongestant, Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029.
[150 Pages Report] The Global Lower Respiratory Tract Therapeutics Market is forecasted to grow at a high CAGR in the predicted period 2022-2029.
Lower Respiratory Tract Therapeutics Market - Strategic Insights
By Disease Type, By Drug Class, By Distribution Channel and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other key insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
Growing awareness about the lower respiratory tract diseases, increasing strategic alliances between the companies for the development of lower respiratory tract drugs, self-medication using the counter drugs, increasing usage of biologics, and growing patient awareness campaigns and programs by government, companies, and NGO’s are some of the key trends in the lower respiratory tract therapeutics market.
- Increasing prevalence of lower respiratory tract diseases, increasing product approvals, growing allergies due to environmental pollution, increasing emergence of MDR-TB and XDR-TB strains, increasing usage of tobacco and growing older population, and presence of a large number of patients among the older population are some of the key factors driving the growth of the market.
- Limited diagnostic procedures for tuberculosis, high adverse effects in the usage of drugs, growing patent expiries, increasing preference for complementary and alternative medicines, and the high cost of the drugs are some of the critical factors restraining the growth of the lower respiratory tract therapeutics market.
- Disease type, asthma therapeutics market account for the largest share in the lower respiratory tract market.
- The patent expiry of products and growing acceptance of generic drugs is limiting the growth of the respiratory tract therapeutics market. The Tuberculosis market is currently in the growth stage with the market estimated to reach the maturity stage by the end of the forecasted period.
- The generic drugs currently dominate the Tuberculosis market with Lupin, Sanofi, Pfizer, Sandoz being some of the major companies in the industry.
- Product Pipeline Analysis of Selected Asthma Drugs
Lower Respiratory Tract Therapeutics Companies
- AstraZeneca AD 7594 Phase II
- Novartis QAW039 Phase III
- Sanofi/Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Dupilumab (REGN668) Phase III
- Theron Pharmaceuticals TRN-157 Phase II
- SAMA Pharmaceuticals SA09012 Phase II
- North America accounts for the largest market share in 2017 with the market being dominated by the United States. Significant unmet needs for the market are providing large scope for the development of the market. Europe has the second largest market share with Northern and Western countries mostly being affected by lower respiratory tract diseases. European Asthma Research and Innovation Partnership aims to reduce 25% of the asthma deaths in Europe by 2023 and 50% of the deaths by 2033 with the project being funded by the European Commission. India, China, Brazil, and Australia market are growing at a higher rate while the United States, Italy, Germany, Japan, and Spain market are increasing at a slower pace but contribute to the most considerable market revenue in 2017.
- The lower respiratory tract therapeutics market is a highly competitive market with the Asthma market being a consolidated market while the tuberculosis market is fragmented. Companies in the industry are focusing on launching novel products into the market with partnerships being the most adopted strategy by the major companies in the industry.
Segmentation by Disease Type
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Segmentation by Drug Class
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- Cough Suppressant
- Nasal decongestant
- Nasal decongestant
Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- The report also covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product
- Benchmarking, and company profiles.
RNAi Therapeutics Market
Non-Invasive Diabetes Therapy Market
Therapeutic Vaccine Market