- Lithium is a soft, silvery-white alkali metal. Under standard conditions, it is the lightest metal and the lightest solid element. Like all alkali metals, lithium is highly reactive and flammable and is stored in mineral oil.
- The global demand for lithium-ion batteries is rapidly increasing due to a huge demand-supply gap in the electricity sector. Since lithium-ion batteries can store a considerable amount of power and can be used to supply this stored power during peak hours, their demand from the electricity sector has increased in recent years.
- Torrid advances in the rechargeable battery market driven by rapid expansion in the lithium ion (Li-Ion) battery industry.
Lithium Growth Drivers and Restraints
- The market is growing due to rapid expansion in the Lithium-Ion Battery industry as world demand for hybrid and electric vehicles, energy storage systems, and high-drain portable electronics continues to increase.
- Increasing demand for EV (electric vehicles) from China is also going to drive the market in future years.
Lithium Industry Trends
- E-Bicycles and E-Tricycles: Potential for Li-ion Batteries Market.
- Use of Li-ion Batteries in Laptops and Netbooks Drives Lithium Consumption.
- Lithium-ion Solar Batteries Hold an Edge over Lead Acid Batteries for Residential Solar Customers.
- Portable Electronics Equipment to Drive Growth in Li-ion Batteries.
- New Batteries for Transport Sector to Involve Use of Lithium.
- Decentralized Energy Storage: A Game-Changing Grid Storage Technology to Fuel Demand for Lithium.
- Mobile Phones and Smartphones: A Power Packed Opportunity for Li-ion batteries.
- Battery Technologies to Transform Future of Renewable Energy.
- Peak Shifting Application Promises High Demand Scenario for Li-ion Batteries.
Lithium Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on Type, the Global Lithium Market is segmented into Metal, Carbonate, Chloride, Concentrate, Hydroxide, and Alloys.
- Based on Traditional Application, the market is segmented into Batteries, Lubricants, Automotive Parts, Aluminum Smelting & Alloys, Medical, Air Treatment, Glass and Glass Ceramics, Metallurgy (Iron & Steel Castings), Polymers and Other Applications.
- By End-user Industry, the market is segmented into Consumer Electronics, Electric Vehicles, Energy Storage (and E-bikes), Industrial and Medical. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
Lithium Market Scope of the Report
- The report covers factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Lithium Market Share Analysis, Market Size, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The Lithium Market Share is divided among companies that include Albermarle, Altura Mining Limited, Avalon Advanced Materials Inc., Critical Elements Corporation, FMC, Galaxy Resources Limited, Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd., Lithium Americas, Sichuan Tianqi Lithium Industries, and SQM. This report profiles all the aforementioned leading players of this market.
- Global Lithium Market is expected to have more market share. This report covers the industry outlook.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Visualize the composition of Lithium Market across each indication, in terms of type and applications, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Global Lithium Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market – level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for key Lithium products of all major market players.
Professionals who can derive maximum benefits out of this report
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Lithium Market
1. Lithium Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.1 Scope of the Report
2. Lithium Market – Headlines & Trends
2.2 Key Trends & Developments
3. Lithium Market – Industry Analysis
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Restraints
3.3 Porter’s five forces Analysis
3.3.1 Buyer power
3.3.2 Supplier power
3.3.3 Industry Competition
3.3.4 Threat of new entrant
3.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
3.4 Patent Analysis
4. Lithium Market – Segmentation by Type
5. Lithium Market – Segmentation by Application
5.3 Automotive Parts
5.4 Aluminum Smelting & Alloys
5.6 Glass and Glass Ceramics
5.7 Air Treatment
6. Lithium Market – Segmentation by End User
6.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2 Electric Vehicles
6.3 Energy Storage
7. Lithium Market – Geographic Analysis
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.4 Rest of North America
7.2 South America
7.2.3 Rest of South America
7.3.1 United Kingdom
7.3.6 Rest of Europe
7.4.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5 Rest of the World
8. Lithium Market – Competitive Landscape
8.1 Market Share Analysis
8.2 Company Benchmarking
8.3 Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
9. Lithium Market – Company Profiles
9.2 Altura Mining Limited
9.3 Avalon Advanced Materials Inc
9.5 Critical Elements Corporation
9.6 Galaxy Resources Limited
9.7 Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd
9.8 Lithium Americas
9.9 Sichuan Tianqi Lithium Industries
10. Lithium Market – Appendix
10.2 List of Tables
10.3 Expert Panel Validation
10.5 Contact Us