Table of Contents
Global Dental CAD/CAM Market is segmented By Product Type (Laboratory Dental, Chairside Dental), By Application (Material(Alumina-based ceramics, Lithium disilicate, Zirconia), Equipment (Milling Machine, Scanners), Software), By End Users (Dental clinics, Dental hospitals), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global "Dental CAD/CAM Market" is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 8.7% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) is used to improve the design and creation of dental restorations, especially dental prostheses, including crowns, crown lays, veneers, inlays, and onlays, fixed bridges, dental implant restorations, dentures, and orthodontic appliances.
- CAD/CAM technology allows the delivery of well-fitting, aesthetic and durable prostheses for the patient.
- The increasing oral diseases are one of the factors fueling the global dental CAD/CAM market.
- According to the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA), around 78% of Americans have at least one cavity by the time they reach age 17, and approximately 80% of the U.S. population has some form of gum disease.
- According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, 92% of adults aged between 20 to 64 have had dental caries in their permanent teeth, and 26% of adults have untreated decay.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), an estimate of around 2.4 billion people suffer from caries of permanent teeth, and 486 million children suffer from caries of primary teeth globally.
- The periodontal disease results in tooth loss, which was the 11th most prevalent disease globally in 2016. The leading causes of periodontal disease are poor oral hygiene and tobacco use.
- Based on product type the global market for dental CAD/CAM is broadly segmented by laboratory dental and chairside dental.
- Currently chairside dental is the dominant segment, and it accounts for approximately XX% of the market, due to the launch of new products and strategic alliances between companies to develop innovative chairside dental.
- For instance, in February 2019, 3M has introduced 3M Chairside Zirconia, it is a new CAD/CAM block optimized for sintering in the CEREC SpeedFire Furnace, available in 8 shades matching the VITA Classical Shades and 2 block sizes, the new zirconia blocks are suited for crowns and bridges of up to 3 units.
- In December 2018, Carestream Dental partnered with exocad, a third-party dental CAD/CAM software solutions provider, to offer direct interaction with the CS 3600 intraoral scanner.
- This allows clinicians to capture digital impressions directly from exocad ChairsideCAD software.
- The global dental CAD/CAM market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and ROW.
- North America is dominating the global dental CAD/CAM market, due to the launch of a new product, which is fueling the market growth.
- In February 2019, Invibio Biomaterial Solutions have introduced its JUVORA CAD/CAM dental disc made from PEEK-OPTIMA in the US market. JUVORA Oyster White and have 510(k) clearance by the US Food and Drug Administration and offers an alternative to zirconia or metal substructures for fixed and removable dental implant applications.
- In February 2018, Nobel Biocare introduced the new CAD/CAM KaVo LS 3 desktop scanner; the events also feature the DTX Studio design software, an exciting expansion of workflow flexibility, treatment collaboration, and increased business possibilities for dental laboratories.
- The strategic alliance between companies and research organizations for Dental CAD/CAM is one of the critical factors driving the global Dental CAD/CAM market.
- For instance, in August 2018, Solvay Dental 360, has introduced the Altair AKP, a high-performance polymer for removable partial denture (RPD) frames, validated for milling in Ceramill CAD/CAM workflows through Amann Girrbach.
- In May 2018, Kulzer GmbH, a global leader in dental materials, have developed a new computer-aided design (CAD) software that incorporates AI to further improve the precision and optimization of the design of dental bridges, a standard treatment for missing teeth, together with AI development firm 9DW Corp.
- In March 2017, Align Technology, Inc. and exocad GmbH collaborated to connect the iTero intraoral scanners and exocad Chairside CAD software. This technology will provide dental clinics with a best-in-class workflow solution for efficient scanning, design, and production of in-house dental prostheses.
- In March 2017, Align Technology, Inc. signed an agreement with the Zfx GmbH to expand the restorative and laboratory marketplace for iTero Element intraoral scanners for the dental network in European, Asian and African countries.
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors Market
Surgical Retractor Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy