- The global cocoa market was worth the US XX billion in 2018 and is expected to reach US XX billion by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
- Cocoa is a plant from where the chocolate is produced. Bitter chocolate is provided by pressing roasted cocoa seeds between hot rollers. Cocoa powder is produced after squeezing the cocoa butter from bitter chocolate. Cocoa contains antioxidants called flavonoids.
- The increase of its demand in the various application is expected to drive the market growth at a higher CAGR during the forecast period.
Cocoa Market Dynamics
- Health benefits of cocoa are one of the significant factors that are driving market growth.
- Cocoa helps in regulating the symptoms of intense fatigue syndrome, reduces hypertension, provides protection against sunburn, improves heart health, and others.
- Further, it has anti-oxidative, anti-depressant, and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus increasing awareness about health among people is driving the market growth.
- Also, growing end-user industries, such as food & beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others are propelling market growth. Cocoa contains proteins, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids which will increase the usage of these products as moisturizing, purifying and antioxidant agents. Additionally, the smell of cocoa care provides an instant good-mood feeling
- For instance, according to BPI; IQVIA (German Federal Association of the pharmaceutical industry) the worldwide pharmaceutical industry generated a revenue of 1,1,43 billion by 2017 which is increased by 28% from 2010.
- However, cocoa also has few adverse reactions like causing skin allergies, constipation, and it might trigger migraine headaches.
- It can also cause digestive complaints including stomach rumbling, nausea, intestinal discomfort, and gas.
Cocoa Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on the application the global cocoa market is broadly segmented as cosmetics, food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, and others
- Among all these functional food applications is accounted for significant market share and is expected to grow at a higher CAGR over the forecast period.
- Because chocolate is one of the most common flavors for a variety of functional food products such as protein snack bars, protein shakes, and also for other nutraceutical products.
- Additionally, manufacturers are into developing new innovative varieties, such as coated fruits, nuts, cereals, and many more. And the popularity of such products is increasing rapidly, especially in developed countries, thereby giving a push to the global cocoa market.
- Also, the easy availability of a wide variety of chocolate flavors and types of chocolates is resulting in increasing consumption. For instance, according to (International Cocoa Organization) in 2017, Switzerland was the highest consumer of chocolate, with an average consumption of 8.8 kilograms per person.
Cocoa Market Geographical Share
- The global cocoa market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America Cand Middle East & Africa.
- North America occupies the dominant share in the cocoa market. It is owing to the presence of a large number of major manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, and food & beverages.
- Over the forecast period, the Asia Pacific region is predicted to grow at a higher CAGR. It is owing to the massive demand for cocoa in food & beverage, and pharmaceutical industries. For instance, according to L’Oreal, in 2015, the total global cosmetic market was worth approximately 203 billion euros in which the Asia Pacific accounted for about 30%.
Cocoa Market Competitive Trends
- Significant players of the global cocoa market are The Barry Callebaut Group, Jindal Cocoa, The Hershey Company, Nestlé S.A., Cargill Incorporated, Puratos Group, Carlyle Cocoa, Cémoi, Mars, Incorporated, Blommer Chocolate Company, Meiji Holdings Company, Ltd., United Cocoa Processor, and others. Most of these leading companies operating in the global cocoa market are implementing a few of their key strategies such as product developments, mergers & acquisition, and others to maintain their share in this highly competitive market. For instance, in July 2018, Puratos Group has introduced its cocoa sourcing program to Papua New Guinea.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the Cocoa market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in the Cocoa market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Cocoa market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Form mapping in excel for the fundamental Forms of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Cocoa Market
1. Cocoa Market – Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Cocoa Market – Industry Trends
3. Cocoa Market Outlook
3.1. Market Snippet by Form
3.2. Market Snippet by Type
3.3. Market Snippet by Application
3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Cocoa Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Impacting Factors
4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Cocoa Industry Analysis
5.1. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
5.3. Pricing Analysis
5.4. Regulatory Analysis
5.5. Patent Analysis
6. Cocoa Market Segmentation – By Form
6.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
6.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Form
6.2. Cocoa powder
6.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
6.3. Cocoa beans
6.4. Cocoa liquor
6.5. Cocoa butter
7. Cocoa Market Segmentation – By Type
7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Form
7.2. Dutch processed
7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
8. Cocoa Market – Application-based Analysis
8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
8.3. Food & Beverages
9. Cocoa Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
9.2. North America
9.3.6. Rest of Europe
9.4. South America
9.4.3. Rest of South America
9.5. Asia Pacific
9.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
9.6. Middle East & Africa
10. Cocoa Market – Competitive Analysis
10.1. Competitive Scenario
10.2. Competitor Cocoa Strategy Analysis
10.3. Comparative Form Portfolio Analysis
10.4. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
10.5. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Cocoa Market – Company Profiles
11.1. The Barry Callebaut Group
11.1.1. Company Overview
11.1.2. Form Portfolio and Description
11.1.3. Key Highlights
11.1.4. Financial Overview
11.2. Jindal Cocoa
11.3. The Hershey Company
11.4. Nestlé S.A.
11.5. Cargill Incorporated
11.6. Puratos Group
11.7. Carlyle Cocoa
11.9. Blommer Chocolate Company
11.10. Meiji Holdings Company, Ltd.
11.11. United Cocoa Processor
12. Cocoa Market – Premium Insights
13. Cocoa Market – DataM
13.2. About Us and Services
13.3. Contact Us