Table of Contents
Global Biogas Plant Market is segmented By Application(Electricity Generation, Biofuels Generation, Heat Generation, Residential Cooking, Transportation) By Digester(Fixed Dome Biogas Plants Introduction, Floating Drum Plants Introduction, Low-Cost Polyethylene Tube Digester Introduction, Fixed Dome Biogas Plants Introduction, Balloon Plants Introduction, Horizontal Plants Introduction, Earth-pit Plants Introduction Ferro-cement Plants Introduction ), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global "Biogas Plant Market" is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 6.1% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- A biogas plant is where biogas is produced with the utilization of manure, waste, and other organic feedstock by converting the biomasses into energy and valuable bio-fertilizer.
- The generation of biogas plays an essential role in generating a sustainable society and decreasing reliance on fossil fuels.
- Extensive feedstock obtainability is outlining the prospects for the generation of biogas. Worldwide, biogas has been recognized as one of the most upfront means for green energy production.
Market Growth Factors
- Environmental and social benefits of biogas have shown significant growth in the Biogas Plant market providing a clean energy source which also benefits in freeing up of waste landfills and generates environment-friendly bio-fertilizer that could be used in agricultural lands and raw feedstock for fisheries.
- Cost-effective replacement for natural gas in household and cooking applications that lowers the water, soil, and air pollution.
- Rapid growth in urbanization, strong demand for electricity that emphasis on renewable green energy sources will drive the application in the Global Biogas Plant market.
Market Restraining Factors
- Developing biogas plants on large-scale needs funding support and incentives from the government, various policies to support this growth are still uncertain in emerging economies.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Global Biogas plant market is segmented into application, biogas plant type, and feedstock.
- By application, it is segmented into electricity generation, biofuels generation, Heat generation, Residential Cooking, and transportation.
- Electricity generation dominates the application use of Biogas plants as the electricity produced from other fossils fuels produces various environmental emissions including natural gas, whose prices vary also affect the prices of power.
- So, using this cheap energy fuel source provides an alternative to power producers to provide power at a low cost to their consumers.
- Biofuel generation is the next biggest user for a biogas plant, as the biofuels such as bio-ethanol and bio-methane produced using Biogas as the fuel are economically viable and are getting more efficient to replace conventional fuels in the next ten years.
- Heat generation is another primary use for a biogas plant, as changing weather due to global warming many countries are now experiencing harsh weather conditions.
- This fuel source provides them with a clean source of heat generation for their domestic cooking as well as internal heating purpose.
- Transportation is the last application user and still assumes uncertainty with the usage of biogas as a fuel source about impurities like sulfides that damage the parts, which are still lying in this Biogas plant fuel source which needs to be processed to make it a clean fuel source for transportation.
By Biogas Feedstock type:
- Based on the Feedstock it can be segmented as-agricultural waste, energy crops, industrial waste, and sewage sludge. Energy crops and sewage sludge are the primary feedstocks used in the Global biogas plant as the energy derived from the anaerobic digestion from these feedstocks makes methane content in biogas to more than 60%.
- Agricultural and industrial waste segments have greater potential in the developing countries due to these economies having a high population dependent on agriculture and industries for their daily livelihood.
- Global biogas plant market is augmented to grow at a CAGR of XX% over the forecast period from 2019-2026. Europe region dominates the global biogas plant market followed by the North American region because these regions have implemented eco-friendly energy policies and favorable state and federal legislation in fighting substantial global warming emissions.
- Asia-Pacific biogas plant market is the next emerging region and is mainly due to rapid urbanization, strong demand for electricity, more emphasis on renewable energy sources, and integration of green growth with the economic and sustainable development policy for the Asia Pacific countries.
- The Global biogas plant market is fragmented by the presence of various international and domestic players. However, Air Liquide Advanced Business & Technologies, Vanzetti Engineering S.r.l., EnviTec Biogas AG, Wartsila Corporation, Gasum Ltd., and Cryostar SAS. Gasum is the dominant company in the global biogas plant market with its strategic acquisitions in the market.
- For Instance, In July 2017, Gasum acquired Swedish Biogas International to enable the supply of biogas for industrial and transport use in the Nordic countries.
- A transaction where 100% of the shares of the Swedish biogas producer Swedish Biogas International were acquired by Gasum was closed today on January 2, 2017. The new company, Swedish Biogas International, makes Gasum the biggest producer of biogas in the Nordic countries.
- The Biogas is one energy vector that will play a greater role in the energy transition of many European countries. The specificity of the biogas market is different from one country to another, in terms of market maturity, type of inputs, and valuation pathway.
- The supporting schemes are also very different from one country to another. This explains why the biogas market looks different, as it hinges upon public support. One explanation of the difference in policy support can be that national governments want to develop their biogas industry.
- Local issues (availability of one type of feedstock, the maturity of some markets) also represent a crucial factor. For instance, in Denmark, manure has been targeted as a useful input for biogas production, so more than 80% of the national output comes from manure.
- In Sweden, biomethane production is used as an automotive fuel, to fulfill the national commitment to phase out fossil fuels from the transport sector.
Energy as a Service (EaaS) Market
Energy Management Systems Market
Energy-efficient window market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy