Asia Pacific Construction Chemicals Market is segmented by Type (Concrete Admixture, Construction Adhesive, Construction Sealant, and Flame Retardant), By Application(Commercial, Infrastructural, Residential), and by Region (China, India, Japan, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific) – Size, Share Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Asia Pacific Construction Chemicals Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Construction Chemicals are the chemical used for construction purposes such as waterproofing or admixtures. The increasing demand for future-proof and durable constructions is driving the growth of the construction chemicals market within the Asia Pacific region.
- Moreover, growing construction activities in ASEAN countries such as Indonesia and Vietnam are boosting the market growth.
Drivers and Restraints
- The increasing infrastructure development activities, investment in commercial, residential housing, renovation activities of historical monuments, water retention structures, bridges, and other civil structures have driven the demand for construction chemicals.
- Moreover, Increasing the Adoption of Innovative Construction techniques such as ready-mix concrete (RMC) is driving the growth of the Asia Pacific construction chemicals market.
- Further, rising government and foreign investments in mega projects in the Asia Pacific are encouraging chemical manufacturers in the region to make a strong push toward incorporating sustainable and technologically advanced materials in concrete admixtures, waterproofing, and industrial flooring.
- However, stringent government regulations might hamper the growth of the market. In the Asia Pacific, specific legislation and regulations are rapidly changing which is one of the biggest challenges faced by the market.
- Norms such as environmental protection objectives and low emission norms are lowering the demand for construction chemicals in recent years. Further, the absence of quality standards by construction manufactures is hampering the growth of the construction chemical market.
- The Asia Pacific construction chemicals market is segmented by type and application.
- By type, the Asia Pacific construction chemicals market is segmented into Concrete Admixtures, Protective Coating, Industrial Flooring, Waterproofing, Adhesives & Sealants, Grinding Aids, and Others.
- In 2017, concrete admixtures chemicals accounted for a significant share of the market, owing to an increase in durability, workability, and strength characteristics of a given concrete mixture.
- By application, the Asia Pacific construction chemicals market is segmented into commercial, residential, and infrastructure.
The Asia Pacific Construction Chemicals market is segmented into regions like China, India, Japan, Australia, and the rest of the Asia Pacific. The rest of Asia Pacific is further divided into countries as Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei, and Others. China leads the market followed by Japan and India. China’s Construction chemical market is growing owing to factors such as increasingly stringent environmental regulations, and increasing Green buildings.
- The Asia Pacific Construction Chemicals market is highly competitive with the major players in most of the regions. Key players are also expanding their reign globally through R&D cooperation, mergers, acquisitions, and geographic expansion.
- Bostik S.A. completed the acquisition of the adhesives division of Nitta Gelatin Inc. by the Bostik-Nitta joint-venture in Japan, on 1st August 2018, actively pursuing its business strategy to expand its adhesive products portfolio to meet increasing market demand. Major companies in the Industry are also focusing on R&D, extensive product portfolio, extensive geographical presence, an aggressive acquisition strategy.
A few of the key market players of the Asia Pacific construction chemicals market are:
• Akzo Nobel Chemicals AG
• Arkema S.A.
• Axelchem SDN BHD
• BASF SE
• Cementaid International Group of Companies
• Chryso Group
• DowDuPont Inc.
• Fosroc International Limited
• GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
• Henkel AG & Co.
• Mapei S.p.A
• MC-BAUCHEMIE MULLER GmbH & KG Chemische Fabriken
• Pidilite Industries
• PT Penta Chemicals Indonesia
• Sika AG
• UROMIX CHEMICAL SDN BHD
Scope of the report
- Concrete Admixture chemicals accounted for the largest share of the market.
- China accounts for the most considerable market value in the Asia Pacific Construction chemicals market accounting for 64% closely followed by Japan.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Competitive Landscape, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- Asia Pacific Construction Chemicals Market is segmented based on the application as into construction, food & beverage, metalworking, oil and gas, paints & coatings, pharmaceuticals, water treatment, and others.
- Based on the product type the market is segmented as – metallic compounds, halogen compounds, organic acids, sulfones, phenolic, and others.
- Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa.
Construction Chemicals Market
Europe Construction Chemicals Market
Europe and CIS Construction Chemicals Market