Global Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Market is segmented By Type (Emulsion SBR, Solution SBR), By End-User (Tire, Footwear, Construction, Polymer modification, Adhesives & Sealants Industries, Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029.
The Global Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR) is the most widely used synthetic rubber in adhesives & sealants and is produced from a copolymer of styrene and butadiene. Compared to natural rubber, SBR has better processability, heat aging, and abrasion resistance but is inferior regarding elongation, hot tear strength, hysteresis, resilience, and tensile strength.
- SBR adhesives show great heat, abrasion, and crack resistance and better aging characteristics than natural rubber adhesives. In the adhesives and sealants industry, SBR has mostly used for bonding tufted carpets and in pressure-sensitive adhesives.
- The primary factor driving market growth is the growing demand in the automotive industry for high-performance tires. The increasing use of low rolling-resistance tires to reduce fuel consumption and decrease CO2 emissions is expected to increase SBR consumption.
- Also, rising demand in the emerging economies is boosting the growth of the market.
- Moreover, styrene butadiene rubber products are used in almost all emerging industries such as automotive, construction, and electrical. Thus the demand for styrene-butadiene rubber is expected to drive the global SBR market during the forecast period.
- By the end user, the global styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) market is bifurcated into Tire, Footwear, Construction, Polymer modification, Adhesives & Sealants Industries. Among all the others, the tire industry dominated the SBR market in 2017 in terms of maximum consumption.
- Apart from this, SBR is also used in non-tire automotive applications, conveyor belts, industrial hoses, various molded and extruded rubber goods, footwear, and other consumer goods. Some grades of SBR, those that are waterproof and free from impurities, are also utilized in the cable industry.
- Moreover, in the past few years, the global market for styrene butadiene rubber is growing at a higher pace due to its greater energy saver and reduced fuel consumption which is in favor of the sustainability principle. The global rubber market, wherein styrene-butadiene rubber holds a significant share, is growing at a higher CAGR in the forecast period, which is projected to fuel demand for styrene-butadiene rubber in coming years.
- Geographically, the global styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and MEMA. Among all the regions, Asia-Pacific dominates the global SBR market, owing to the demand for S-SBR in developing economies including China, India, and Japan. China is the largest market for tire manufacturing, resulting in high demand for S-SBR in the marketplace. Moreover, the production and demand for SBR are also rising in China, due to increased demand from end-use sectors such as tire, construction, automotive goods, mechanical goods, and footwear.
- These are other factors expected to drive the growth of the global SBR market.
- Also, Europe is another important market that is expected to contribute significantly during the forecast period mainly due to rising awareness regarding environmental protection.
The global styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) market is fragmented with a large number of local and international players. However, LANXESS, Trinseo, and JSR Corporation are the leading suppliers of activated carbon in the world. These three Companies combine hold around XX% of the total market.
Titanium Alloy Market
Vapor Deposition Market
Metallocene Polyolefin Market