Shunt Reactor Market
- The global Shunt Reactor Market was valued at USD 2.7 billion in 2018 and is forecasted to grow to over USD 3.9 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 4.7 %during the forecast period (2019-2026).
Shunt Reactor Market Growth Factors
- A shunt Reactor is a compact, efficient absorber of reactive power which is commonly used for maintaining high voltage transmission lines and cables systems. The global shunt reactor market is driving by increasing power generation and the rising need for keeping top voltage power transmission lines.
Shunt Reactor Market Segmentation Analysis
- The global Shunt Reactor Market is segmented based By Phase into Single Phase and Three Phase.
- By Type, the market is segmented into Oil-immersed and Air-Core. Based on Rating, the market is segmented into Fixed Shunt Reactor and Variable Shunt Reactor.
- Further, based on Application, the market is segmented into Industrial and Residential.
- Based on the type of Shunt Reactor, the Oil-immersed shunt reactors has the largest market share of over 60% of the global shunt reactor market
- Oil Immersed Shunt reactors given more stabilization of grid and maintain the insulation on high-voltage transmission lines and cables.
Shunt Reactor Market Dynamics
- Due to increasing transmission and distribution systems, especially in developing countries, the need for shunt reactor is rising, hence driving the growth of the market.
- The market for Variable Shunt Reactor is multiplying compared to fixed shunt reactor as it is more capable of controlling the voltage during high-voltage power transmission lines. They are more advanced in stabilizing the fluctuations of voltage over large transmission networks, hence the need for variable shunt reactor is growing.
- As conventional power plants are shut down, and TSOs are forced to switch from OHL to HV cables partially, the need for additional reactive power compensation equipment is growing.
- So, Siemens and Amprion have jointly introduced an innovative large variable shunt reactor (VSR) with 80% regulation range that is economically efficient.
- Geographically, the global shunt market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. Asia-Pacific is dominating the market due to increasing demand for electricity supply, growing development and investments in the transmission network.
The scope of the report:
- The report profiles the following companies, which includes ABB Ltd, Siemens, Toshiba, Fuji Electric Co., GE Electric, Nissin Electric Co. Ltd, Zaporozhtransformator PJSC, Nissin Electric Co. Ltd, Hyosung Corporation, and Hyundai Heavy Industries.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Shunt Reactor market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the vital commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Shunt Reactor by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- This is the most comprehensive study on Shunt Reactor to date.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Shunt Reactor market level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the critical Shunt Reactor products of all major market players.
Who can derive maximum benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Shunt Reactor Market
1. Shunt Reactor Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research methodology
1.2. Scope of the Report
2. Shunt Reactor Market – Industry Trends
2.2. Key Trends & Developments
3. Shunt Reactor Market Outlook
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Porter's five forces Analysis
3.3.1. Buyer power
3.3.2. Supplier power
3.3.3. Industry Competition
3.3.4. Threat of new entrant
3.3.5. Threat of Substitutes
4. Shunt Reactor Market Segmentation – By Phase
4.1. By Phase
4.1.1. Single Phase
4.1.2. Three Phase
4.2. By Type
4.3. By Rating
4.3.1. Fixed Shunt Reactor4.3.2 Variable Shunt Reactor
4.4. By Application
5. Shunt Reactor Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The USA
5.2.3. The UK
5.2.6. Rest of Europe
5.3. Asia Pacific
5.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
6. Shunt Reactor Market – Competitive Analysis
6.1. Market Share Analysis
6.2. Company Benchmarking
6.3. Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
7. Shunt Reactor Market – Company Profiles*
7.1. ABB Ltd
7.4. Fuji Electric Co.
7.5. GE Electric
7.6. Nissin Electric Co. Ltd
7.7. Zaporozhtransformator PJSC
7.8. Nissin Electric Co. Ltd
7.9. Hyosung Corporation
7.10. Hyundai Heavy Industries
8. Shunt Reactor Market – Appendix
8.2. List of Charts/Tables
8.3. Expert Panel Validation
8.5. Contact Us
*Note: Additional Company Profiles will be included on request