Global Post Menopausal Osteoporosis Market is segmented by Drug Class (Bisphosphonates, Alendronate, Risedronate, Ibandronate, Zoledronic acid, RANKL AntagonistDenosumab, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Global Post Menopausal Osteoporosis market is expected to grow steadily at a CAGR of 4%.
- Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis is a common ailment seen in postmenopausal women characterized by low bone mass and structural deterioration of bone tissue.
- This results in fragile and weak bones highly susceptible to fractures of the hips, spine, and wrist.
- Around 1 in 2 women over age 50 will have an osteoporosis-related fracture in her lifetime.
- The most important driver of growth in the osteoporosis market will be the shift from current therapies to ones with enhanced efficacy, convenience and safety profiles.
- This is expected to expand the market. Increased patient and physician awareness will lead to screening and hence earlier disease diagnosis and treatment, thereby further driving the market.
- However, increased uptake of generic drugs owing to the patent expiration of blockbuster drugs will hinder the market growth.
- Poor patient compliance due to side effects and complications associated with the administration of osteoporosis drugs is another critical factor that acts as a barrier to market growth.
- Global Post Menopausal Osteoporosis market report segments the market by drug class, distribution channel, and by region.
- Based on treatment type, the global osteoporosis market is categorized into six different drug classes. These are bisphosphonates, SERMs, anti-RANKL monoclonal antibody, strontium salt, Parathyroid Hormone Therapy (PTH), and calcitonin-salmon products.
- Among these drug classes, bisphosphonates are considered as gold-standard of treatment and dominated the market until they lost their patent protection in 2013.
- New drug classes such as RANKL and PTH will dominate the market regarding sales.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America is the largest market for Post Menopausal Osteoporosis followed by Europe.
- It is estimated that 30% of all the women in a postmenopausal stage have postmenopausal osteoporosis in the US and Europe.
Market Scope of the Report:
- The report also profiles the following companies of Post Menopausal Osteoporosis market – Amgen Inc., Clonz Biotech Pvt Ltd, Eli Lilly and Company, Enteris BioPharma, Inc., Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Oncobiologics, Inc., Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy, BiologicsMD, Inc., and Radius Health, Inc.
By Drug Class
- RANKL Antagonist
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators
- Parathyroid Hormone Analog
- Cathepsin K Inhibitor
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Menopause Treatment Market
GnRH Agonists & Antagonists Drugs for Endometriosis Market
Fertility Supplements Market