Table of Contents
Global Post Menopausal Osteoporosis Market is segmented by Drug Class (Bisphosphonates, Alendronate, Risedronate, Ibandronate, Zoledronic acid, RANKL AntagonistDenosumab, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023-2030
Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Market Report Overview
The global post-menopausal osteoporosis market research report analyses the size, shares, recent trends, competitive intelligence, and future market outlook. Low bone mass and structural deterioration of bone tissue are symptoms of post-menopausal osteoporosis, a common condition seen in women who have reached menopause is on the rise. Demand from hospitals and retail pharmacies in the USA is growing. The competitive rivalry intensifies with Amgen Inc., Clonz Biotech Pvt Ltd, and others active in the market.
Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Market Scope and Summary
By Drug Class, By Distribution Channel, and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other vital insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
- Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis is a common ailment seen in postmenopausal women characterized by low bone mass and structural deterioration of bone tissue.
- This results in fragile bones highly susceptible to fractures of the hips, spine, and wrist.
- Around 1 in 2 women over age 50 will have an osteoporosis-related fracture in their lifetime.
Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Market Market Dynamics and Trends
- The most important driver of growth in the osteoporosis market will be the shift from current therapies to ones with enhanced efficacy, convenience, and safety profiles.
- This is expected to expand the market. Increased patient and physician awareness will lead to screening and hence earlier disease diagnosis and treatment, thereby further driving the market.
- However, increased uptake of generic drugs owing to the patent expiration of blockbuster drugs will hinder market growth.
- Poor patient compliance due to side effects and complications associated with the administration of osteoporosis drugs is another critical factor that acts as a barrier to market growth.
Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Market Segmentation and Shares
- Global Post Menopausal Osteoporosis market report segments the market by drug class, distribution channel, and any region.
- Based on treatment type, the global osteoporosis market is categorized into six different drug classes. These are bisphosphonates, SERMs, anti-RANKL monoclonal antibodies, strontium salt, Parathyroid Hormone Therapy (PTH), and calcitonin-salmon products.
- Among these drug classes, bisphosphonates are considered the gold standard of treatment and dominated the market until they lost their patent protection in 2013.
- New drug classes such as RANKL and PTH will dominate the market regarding sales.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America is the largest market for Post Menopausal Osteoporosis followed by Europe.
- It is estimated that 30% of all women in a postmenopausal stage have postmenopausal osteoporosis in the US and Europe.
Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Market Companies and Competitive Landscape
- The report also profiles the following companies in Post Menopausal Osteoporosis market – Amgen Inc., Clonz Biotech Pvt Ltd, Eli Lilly and Company, Enteris BioPharma, Inc., Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Oncobiologics, Inc., Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy, BiologicsMD, Inc., and Radius Health, Inc.
By Drug Class
- RANKL Antagonist
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators
- Parathyroid Hormone Analog
- Cathepsin K Inhibitor
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Menopause Treatment Market
GnRH Agonists & Antagonists Drugs for Endometriosis Market
Fertility Supplements Market
Osteoporosis Drugs Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy
What is the Post Menopausal Osteoporosis Market growth?
The market is growing at a CAGR of 4.0%.
Which region controlled the global market during 2023-2030?
North American region Controls the Post Menopausal Osteoporosis Market during 2023-2030.
Which is the fastest-growing region in the Post Menopausal Osteoporosis Market?
Among all regions, Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing market share during the forecast period.
Who are the key players in Post Menopausal Osteoporosis Market?
Amgen Inc., Clonz Biotech Pvt Ltd, Eli Lilly and Company, Enteris BioPharma, Inc., Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Oncobiologics, Inc., Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy, BiologicsMD, Inc., and Radius Health, Inc.