Oncology Nutrition Market
- Cancer-affected people have a direct impact on their natural appetite and to avoid the risk of suffering from any other disorders due to improper nutrition intake, they need to take a proper nutritious diet. Hence the demand for oncology nutrition in the global market has been rising.
- A number of advancements in the domain of oncology have also led to the growth of the global market and has given rise to several forms of nutrition for cancer patients.
- The Nutritional Oncology Research Institute (NORI) Program is one of the most effective programs designed as an alternative for the treatment of cancers. However, the high cost of cancer treatment such as 120,000 for four doses is hindering the oncology nutrition market.
Global Oncology Nutrition Market Growth and Trends
- One of the recent trends in global Oncology Nutrition market is a shift from parenteral nutrition to enteral nutrition due to its lower cost and complications along with new improvement in materials & compositions.
- The Global Oncology Nutrition market growth is driven by several factors such as the rising incidence of cancer and the growing quality of clinical research on nutritional interventions.
Global Oncology Nutrition Market Size
- The total number of cancer deaths was estimated to be approx. 9 million globally. Among those, some 1.71 million were deaths due to lung cancer.
- In 2019, an estimated 64,690 people (47,650 men and 17,040 women) will develop head and neck cancer.
Global Oncology Nutrition Market Outlook
The Global Oncology Nutrition Market is segmented based on :
- By Cancer Type, into Head and Neck Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach and Gastrointestinal Cancer, Liver Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Blood Cancer, and Others.
- Among these, the head and neck cancers segment accounted for the largest share of the Oncology Nutrition Market due to the use of tube feeding formulas for patients with head and neck cancers. Head and neck cancer account for about 4% of all cancers in the United States.
Global Oncology Nutrition Market Geographical Share
- The market is segmented geographically into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. North America dominates the global Oncology Nutrition market due to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases & disorders, growing elderly population, and increasing healthcare expenditure in this region. United States health spending is projected to rise by 5.3% in 2018, due to rising prices of medical goods and services and higher Medicaid costs.
Global Oncology Nutrition Market Key Players
- The major players in the oncology nutrition market are Abbott Laboratories, Nestle S.A., Danone, Fresenius Kabi AG, and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- In July 2017, Enterome and Nestle Health Science formed a new company to develop microbiome diagnostics for multiple indications including inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and liver disorders.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Global Oncology Nutrition market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the vital commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Global Oncology Nutrition by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points in the Global Oncology Nutrition market – level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Oncology Nutrition products of all major market players