New Crop Protection Generics Market
- The Global New Crop Protection Generics market was valued at USD xx million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2026, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026.
- Generic crop protection chemicals are manufactured and sold by a company other than the original manufacturer but contain the same Active Ingredient.
- They are also known as off-patent products meaning their original patent has expired.
New Crop Protection Generics Market Dynamics
- Generic pesticides account for almost 60% of the global crop protection market. Generic products tend to be similar to branded products.
- They too require EPA registration. Generic crop protection products derive their appeal primarily from its lower prices. Using generic crop protection products can save pesticide expenses by 50%.
- The decrease in farmer’s income has resulted in a significant increase in the use of generic products. Regarding performance, they are comparable to branded products, so farmers are increasingly using generic products.
- Companies with proprietary technology often argue about inferior ingredients & performance of generic products. Brand loyalty and misinformation regarding generic products have been a restraint to the market.
- Multiple products going off-patent is a massive opportunity for the market. Products worth USD 3.7 billion have already gone off-patent over Calendar-year 2015-17.
- Products going off-patent is expected to create USD 3 billion opportunities for the generics Industry from 2017 to 2020. The products whose patents have expired but have high demand will boost the market.
- The principal products which have gone off-patent in the last three years are Fluoxastrobin, Pyraclostrobin, Prothioconazole, Metalaxyl-M, Foramsulfuron, Penoxsulam.
New Crop Protection Generics Industry Outlook
- New Crop Protection Generics market is segmented by Type, and crop Type. By Type, the market is divided into Herbicide, Fungicide, Insecticide, and Plant Growth regulators.
- The herbicide is expected to be fastest growing segment due to a large number of herbicide products going off-patent in the next few years.
- During 2018-22, Pinoxaden, Aminopyralid, Tembotrione these herbicides with global sales of almost 950 million USD are going off-patent. Other herbicides which will go off-patent during the forecast period include Amino-pyralid, Fluopicolide, Flucetosulfuron.
- Insecticides such as Flubendiamide, Spirotetramat with combined global sales of almost 595 million USD will go off-patent during the forecast period.
- Fungicide products which will go off-patent during forecast period are Amisulbrom, Fenpyrazamine, Fluopicolide, etc.
Global New Crop Protection Generics Regional Analysis
- By region, New Crop Protection Generics market is segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Rest of the World. Low-income countries, as well as countries which lack farm subsidies or proper minimum support price system, are seeing a considerable increase in generic products to save costs.
- Indian crop protection industry is dominated by generic products with more than 80% of molecules being non-patented. China is also a massive producer of generic pesticide products.
- The market in each country is also heavily dependent on government attitude towards patent laws and generic products. In June 2017, China implemented a program to reduce generic pesticide.
New Crop Protection Generics Companies
- The Global New Crop Protection Generics market consists of a large number of local manufacturers as well as a few global players. Nufarm Limited, ADAMA Agricultural Solutions, United Phosphorus Ltd, Cheminova dominate the market. Superior network dealers and distributors have helped them outperform local manufacturers.
- Other prominent players include Albaugh, LLC, Sipcam Agro USA, Inc, Willowood USA LLC, Rotam Agrochemical Company Limited, Atticus LLC, and AMVAC Chemical Corp.
- Generic Crop Protection Manufacturer Atticus Acquired Tacoma Ag in June 2018 to expand its product Portfolio.
New Crop Protection Generics Segmentation
Key market segments covered
- Insect Growth Regulators
By Crop Type
- Grains & Cereals
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Fruits, Nuts, and vegetables
- Others (Sugarcane)
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
Reasons for purchasing this report?
- Visualize the composition of the New Crop Protection Generics market across each indication, regarding Type, Crop type, and region highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in the New Crop Protection Generics market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the New Crop Protection Generics market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the key New Crop Protection Generics market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global New Crop Protection Generics Market
1. New Crop Protection Generics Market - Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. New Crop Protection Generics Market - Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. New Crop Protection Generics Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. New Crop Protection Generics Market Segmentation - By Type
4.4. Insect Growth Regulators
5. New Crop Protection Generics Market Segmentation - By Crop Type
5.1. Grains & Cereals
5.2. Oilseeds & Pulses
5.3. Fruits, Nuts, and vegetables
5.4. Others (Sugarcane)
6. New Crop Protection Generics Market - Regional, Country-level Analysis
6.1. North America
6.1.1. The United States
6.2. South America
6.2.3. Rest of South America
6.3.2. United Kingdom
6.3.5. Rest of Europe
6.4.3. South Korea
6.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the World
7. New Crop Protection Generics Market - Competitive Analysis
7.1. Market Share/Ranking Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8. New Crop Protection Generics Market - Company Profiles
8.1. Nufarm Limited
8.2. ADAMA Agricultural Solutions
8.3. United Phosphorus Ltd
8.5. Albaugh, LLC
8.6. Sipcam Agro USA, Inc
8.7. Willowood USA LLC
8.8. Rotam Agrochemical Company Limited
8.9. Atticus LLC
8.10. AMVAC Chemical Corp
Note: Additional company profiles will be included on client request.
9. New Crop Protection Generics Market - Appendix