Crop Protection Chemicals Market
- Global Pesticides market was estimated at USD 80 billion in 2026, with a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period (2019-2026).
- Pesticides are chemicals used to control pests.
- Most of the pesticides are served as plant protection products (also known as crop protection products). These protect plants from weeds, fungi, or insects.
Crop Protection Chemicals Market Dynamics
- The market is driven by several factors such as limited natural resources, rising global demand, increased farming of biofuel crops and the use of genetically modified (GM) seeds.
- Pesticides are mainly used in agriculture, home & garden, and Industrial & commercial places.
- Agriculture sector occupies a significant share of the market.
- However, there is increasing demand for aesthetics at home. Commercial spaces will have the highest CAGR in the coming years.
Key segments covered in the report :
- Fungicides, and
- Grains & Cereals (Oil Seeds, Fruits & Vegetables) and
- Non-crop-based (Turf & Ornamental Grass, others )
- North America
- South America
- Asia-Pacific and
Crop Protection Chemicals Market Segmentation
- Herbicides are the largest segment covering around 44% of the global pesticides market followed by Fungicides and Insecticides.
- Herbicides hold the highest market share among pesticides.
- Herbicides control weeds that compete with crops for light and nutrients. They are primarily classified into Selective herbicides and Non-selective herbicides.
- Of the total US57 billion global crop protection market, herbicides occupy dominant share with 44% (28% Selective and 16% Non-Selective).
- Selective herbicides: Directly applied to specific crops to control particular weeds without damaging the crop
- Non-selective herbicides (NSH): Eliminate all plants (if absorbed by green tissue).
- Some NSHs are now used in the same way as selective herbicides on crops that are genetically modified to make them tolerant to specific herbicides.
- Farmers also use non-selective herbicides when preparing fields for a new crop, thus avoiding the need to plow the land.
Crop Protection Chemicals Market Key Manufacturers
- The major producers of herbicides are Syngenta, Bayer, Dow and DuPont, BASF, and Monsanto.
- Some of the leading herbicide products include Glyphosate, Flumioxazin, Clethodim, Imazethapyr, Paraquat, Chlorimuron, Diclosulam, Fomesafen, 2,4-D, Haloxyfop.
Crop Protection Chemicals Market Scope of the Report
- This report covers factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- It profiles the following companies:- BASF SE, ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd., Bayer CropScience AG, E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company, FMC Corporation, Monsanto Company, Nufarm Limited, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd, Syngenta AG, The Dow Chemical Company, Yara International ASA and The Mosaic Company.
Why should I purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of Global Pesticides market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for critical Global Pesticides products of all major market players.
Global Crop Protection Market
1. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research methodology
1.2. Scope of the Report
2. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Product Analysis
4.1. By Pesticides
184.108.40.206. Synthetic Insecticides
220.127.116.11. Synthetic Herbicides
18.104.22.168. Synthetic Fungicides
4.2. By Product Form
4.3. By Mode of Application
4.3.1. Foliar Spray
4.3.2. Seed Treatment
4.3.3. Soil Treatment
4.4. By Crops
4.4.1. Grains & Cereals
4.4.2. Oil crops & Pulses
4.4.3. Fruits & Vegetables
4.4.4. Turf & Ornamental
5. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Geographical Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The USA
5.2. South America
5.3.2. The United Kingdom
5. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Industry Competitiveness
5.1. Market Share Analysis
5.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
5.3. Product Benchmarking
6. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Company Analysis
6.1. BASF SE
6.2. ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
6.3. Bayer CropScience AG
6.4. E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
6.5. FMC Corporation
6.6. Monsanto Company
6.7. Nufarm Limited
6.8. Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd
6.9. Syngenta AG
6.10. The DOW Chemical Company
6.11. Yara International ASA
6.12. Platform Speciality Products Corporation
7. Crop Protection Chemicals Market – Appendix