Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market
- A metered dose inhaler (MDI) is a pressurized inhaler that delivers medication by using a propellant spray. It is widely useful for people with respiratory disorders like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, and emphysema.
- In recent years, there has been a rise in the prevalence of the diseases of the respiratory system such as chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, asthma, chronic respiratory diseases, and others. According to WHO, more than 3 million people die each year from COPD worldwide while 235 million have asthma.
- As a result, there has been a rise in awareness among people about the advanced respiratory devices that have beneficial features over the traditional treatment methods, thus propelling the market growth. However, MDIs, release environmentally-hazardous gases, namely chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and hydrofluoroalkanes (HFA), which is negatively impacting the growth of the MDI market.
Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market Drivers and Restraints
- The Global Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market report segments the market by product type, by technology type, by application, and by region.
- Based on product type, the market further bifurcated into the manually-actuated pressurized inhaler and breath-actuated pressurized inhaler.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. Out of these, asthma is expected to hold the maximum share percentage.
- Regarding the distribution channel, the market is categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and e-commerce. Retail pharmacies are expected to hold the maximum market share due to rise in the over-the-counter sale of MDIs.
Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Regional Analysis
- Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. The demand for metered dose inhalers is dominated by North America, with the US holding the maximum market share.
- Asia-Pacific represents a massive opportunity for market expansion due to the increasing prevalence of asthma that has resulted from high levels of air pollution, rapid urbanization, the rise in smoking population, and changing lifestyle.
- The report also profiles the following companies in the Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market – AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, and Cipla Ltd.
Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market Segmentation Analysis
By Product Type
- Manually-actuated pressurized inhalers
- Breath-actuated pressurized inhalers
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
By Distribution Channel
- Retail pharmacies
- Hospital pharmacies
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Reasons for purchasing this report?
- Visualize the composition of the Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key Metered Dose Inhaler Devices of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market
1. Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market – Industry Trends
2.1 Key Trends & Developments
3. Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market – Outlook
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Restraints
4. Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market Product -based Analysis
4.1. By Product Type
4.1.1 Manually-actuated pressurized inhalers
4.1.2 Breath-actuated pressurized inhalers
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
4.3 By Distribution Channel
4.3.1 Retail pharmacies
4.3.2 Hospital pharmacies
5. Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market - Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The USA
5.2.3. The UK
5.2.6. Rest of Europe
5.3. Asia Pacific
5.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5 Rest of the World
6. Competitive Trends
6.1. Market Share Analysis
6.2. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
6.3. New Product Launches
7. Company Profiles
7.1. AstraZeneca plc
7.2. Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
7.3. F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
7.4. GlaxoSmithKline plc.
7.5. Merck & Co. Inc.
7.6. Novartis AG
7.8. Cipla Ltd.
8.2 List of Tables
8.3 Expert Panel Validation
8.5 Contact Us