Global Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market is segmented By Product Type (Manually-actuated pressurized inhalers, Breath-actuated pressurized inhalers), By Application (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Chronic), By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, E-commerce), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Metered Dose Inhaler Devices Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- A metered-dose inhaler (MDI) is a pressurized inhaler that delivers medication by using a propellant spray. It is widely useful for people with respiratory disorders like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, and emphysema.
- In recent years, there has been a rise in the prevalence of the diseases of the respiratory system such as chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, asthma, chronic respiratory diseases, and others. According to WHO, more than 3 million people die each year from COPD worldwide while 235 million have asthma.
- As a result, there has been a rise in awareness among people about the advanced respiratory devices that have beneficial features over the traditional treatment methods, thus propelling the market growth. However, MDIs, release environmentally-hazardous gases, namely chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and hydrofluoroalkanes (HFA), which are negatively impacting the growth of the MDI market.
Market Drivers and Restraints
- The Global Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market report segments the market by product type, technology type, application, and region.
- Based on product type, the market further bifurcated into the manually-actuated pressurized inhaler and breath-actuated pressurized inhaler.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. Out of these, asthma is expected to hold the maximum share percentage.
- Regarding the distribution channel, the market is categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and e-commerce. Retail pharmacies are expected to hold the maximum market share due to the rise in the over-the-counter sale of MDIs.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. The demand for metered-dose inhalers is dominated by North America, with the US holding the maximum market share.
- Asia-Pacific represents a massive opportunity for market expansion due to the increasing prevalence of asthma that has resulted from high levels of air pollution, rapid urbanization, the rise in the smoking population, and changing lifestyles.
- The report also profiles the following companies in the Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market – AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, and Cipla Ltd.
Reasons for purchasing this report?
- Visualize the composition of the Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Metered Dose Inhaler Devices market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key Metered Dose Inhaler Devices of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Sleep Apnea Devices Market