Lecithin and Phospholipids Market
- Lecithin is called phosphatidylcholine. It is composed of phospholipids and majorly obtained from oilseeds such as soybean, sunflower, and eggs, and canola seeds.
- Lecithin has both lipophilic and hydrophilic properties and has a distinct resemblance to oil and water. It is widely used in various applications such as pharmaceuticals, baked goods, nutrition and supplements, cosmetics, and Industrial Applications.
- The global lecithin and phospholipids market was worth USD XX billion in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2018-2025).
Lecithin and Phospholipids Market Trends
- Global Lecithin and Phospholipids Market – Market Dynamics
- The market is driven by multiple factors such as increasing demand for green and naturally sourced ingredients, rising consumer awareness towards a healthy lifestyle, growth in consumption of convenience foods and functional food & beverages, and Individual allergy soy lecithin.
- However, the huge capital investment and the fluctuations in raw material prices are being the restraints for the market growth.
Lecithin and Phospholipids Segmentation
- The global lecithin and phospholipids market is segmented by Source, and by Application. Based on the source, the market is segmented into Soybeans, Sunflower, Eggs, and Canola Seeds. Based on the application, the market is segmented into Feed, Nutritional Supplements, Baked Goods, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Industrial Applications.
- The soybean segment is estimated to dominate the lecithin & phospholipids market over the outlook period. The more natural extraction process of soy-derived ingredients compared to sunflower or egg-derived ingredients, along the wide-ranging availability of soy in various countries are the main factors supporting the dominant nature of soy-sourced lecithin.
- Additionally, The sunflower lecithin market is expected to progress quickly as it is reflected as a preferred substitute for soy-based products. The primary advantage of solventless extraction provided by this product is expected to boost the market demand.
Lecithin and Phospholipids Market Regional Share
- The fluctuating consumer habits and rising disposable incomes are expected to boost the application in end-use industries.
- Global Lecithin and Phospholipids Market – Geographical Analysis
- Geographically, the global Lecithin and Phospholipids Market are segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and RoW. Among all the regions, the Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market and to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The Asia Pacific’s ample availability and low pricing in international markets make bakery goods the primary driver for the growth of the Lecithin Market. The increasing areas of application in food, as well as non-food segments of Lecithin & Phospholipids, is also estimated to benefit the global demand.
- Further, South America is one of the rapidly growing regions owing to the presence of a vast area of land under soybean cultivations. The demand is driven by the countries, such as Argentina and Brazil, which are involved in the planting of soybean.
Lecithin and Phospholipids Manufacturers
- The global lecithin and phospholipids market is fragmented with a large number of local and international players. However, Some of the most important manufacturers and suppliers of the lecithin and phospholipids are Cargill, Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Bunge, LECICO Gmbh, Lipoid GmbH, VAV Life Sciences, American Lecithin Company, Kewpie Corporation, Thew Arnott, and DuPont Nutrition & Health. These companies are mostly focused on the capacity expansion, due to increasing demand for lecithin and phospholipids in various industries.
Reasons for purchasing this report?
• Visualize the composition of the global lecithin and phospholipids market products across each indication, regarding type, product type, and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in lecithin and phospholipids products market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global lecithin and phospholipids products levels 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the essential lecithin and phospholipids products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Global Lecithin and Phospholipids Market
1. Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Market Outlook
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Market Segmentation – by Sources
4.4. Canola Seeds
5. Market Segmentation – By Application
5.2. Nutritional Supplements
5.3. Baked Goods
5.5. Pharmaceuticals/ Healthcare
6. Regional, Country-level Analysis
6.1. North America
- 6.1.1. The United States
- 6.1.2. Canada
- 6.1.3. Mexico
6.2. South America
- 6.2.1. Brazil
- 6.2.2. Argentina
- 6.2.3. Rest of South America
- 6.3.1. Germany
- 6.3.2. United Kingdom
- 6.3.3. France
- 6.3.4. Rest of Europe
- 6.4.1. China
- 6.4.2. Japan
- 6.4.3. India
- 6.4.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the World
7. Company Trends
7.1. Competitor Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7.3. Product Benchmarking
8. Company Profiles
8.1. Cargill, Inc.
8.2. Archer Daniels Midland Company
8.4. LECICO Gmbh
8.5. Lipoid GmbH
8.6. VAV Life Sciences
8.7. American Lecithin Company
8.8. Kewpie Corporation
8.9. Thew Arnott
8.10. DuPont Nutrition & Health
9.2. List of Tables
9.3. Expert Panel Validation
9.5. Contact Us