Global Hospital Commode Market is segmented by Product Type (Static Commodes, Mobile Commodes, Foldable Commodes, Bariatric Commodes), by End User (Hospitals, Adult Day Care Centers, Ambulatory Surgery Centers), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global "Hospital Commode Market" is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Hospital commode refers to the toilets which are user-friendly and perfect products for bedridden. Hospital commodes help patients and geriatric people to accommodate themselves on the commode with their own arm strength.
- Hospital commodes help people with bowel dysfunction, patients recovering through bariatric surgery, senior citizens, disabled persons, people treated with knee implantations, and orthopedic surgeries.
- Hospital commodes are usually placed next to the bed, but for the sake of convenience, most models are portable and can be moved to different rooms during the day. These are generally found in private homes, rehabilitation centers, and hospitals serving a multitude of people with varying mobility needs.
- Increasing geriatric population is primarily driving global hospital commode in recent years and is expected to remain same over the forecast period. According to National Institute of Aging, by 2050 people aged 65 and above are anticipated to reach 1.6 billion.
- According to United States Census Bureau in 2017, in United States, people aged 65 and over increased from 35.0 million in 2000 to 49.2 million in 2016, accounting for 12.4 percent and 15.2 percent of the total population.
- Increasing number of people with low bone density and orthopedic problems are fueling global hospital commode market over the forecast period. According to American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons in 2018, in United States, by 2030 total hip replacements are expected to reach 635,000 from 370,770 in 2014. Hence owing to the increase in a number of orthopedic surgeries, demand for hospital commode market is increasing over the forecast period.
- Increasing prevalence of bariatric people, the growing number of surgeries and physically disabled person are boosting the requirement of global hospital commodities.
- Based on device type, global hospital commode market is segmented into static commodes, portable commodes, bariatric commodes, and foldable commodes. Static commodes are also known as bedside commodes held the highest market share in 2018 as they are the most commonly used commodes. They are often called 3-in-1 commodes because they serve three functions bedside commode, raised toilet seat, and shower use. Static commodes are normally used by people treated with surgeries and an increasing number of surgeries are boosting the requirement of these products.
- Portable commodes often called commodes on wheels or mobile commodes had the second-largest share in recent years. Mobile commodes can be moved easily to different locations, offering people a practical toileting aid anywhere in the home or healthcare environment. Portable commodes are frequently used by geriatric people. According to National Institute on Aging, in 2019, one in every three senior citizens over 65 years suffers from a fall each year and 80% of these unfortunate events happen in the bathroom.
- Based on end-user, global hospital commode market is categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and adult day care centers. Hospitals have a significant market share due to presence of patients and increasing number of patients.
- The global hospital Commode market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and rest of the world.
- North America is dominating the global hospital commode market due to increasing number of bariatric surgeries. According to American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery in 2017, in United States, 228,000 bariatric surgeries were performed and expected to surge further over the forecast period. Increasing number of obese people in American countries and people with physical disabilities are driving hospital commode market in North America region.
- Europe is registering the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to the increasing number of geriatric population. According to Eurostat Statistics, in 2017, nearly one-fifth (19 %) of the EU population was aged 65 and above. Thus boosting the requirement of hospital commodes.
- The Asia Pacific is expected to contribute more revenue over the forecast period due to the increasing number of manufacturers, suppliers, and government policies.
- The global hospital market is highly fragmented in nature with more players. Local vendors are offering products at low cost trying to grab the market share. Key players are engaged in enhanced better and advanced products to attract a large number of customers and provide them with better quality products.
- The key players in global hospital commode market are Drive Medical, Invacare Roma Medical, Compass Health Brands, Nova Medical Products, Cardinal Health, TFI Healthcare, Medline Industries, Cascade Healthcare Solutions, Avacare Medical, Lagooni B.V.
- In August 2017, Cortech Healthcare which designs, develops, and manufactures a range of independent living products launches new manufacturing base on the Isle of Man.
- In November 2017, Arcatron Mobility launched Frido highly compact and portable commode and is capable of accessing different kinds of bathrooms.
Structural Health Monitoring Market
Extremity Tissue Expanders Market
Aesthetic Lasers and Energy Devices Market