Freeze-Drying Equipment Market
- The Global Freeze-Drying Equipment Market (Food Grade) was valued at USD xx billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD xx billion by 2026, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period (2019-2026).
- Freeze drying or ‘lyophilization’ is water removal process used to preserve perishable material and is different from dehydration process. Freeze-drying involves cooling, whereas dehydration requires heating.
Freeze-Drying Equipment Market Dynamics
- Freeze-dried food can last for up to 15-25 years compared to dehydrated food typical shelf life of one year. Dehydration removes 95% of moisture but freeze- drying removes 98-99% of humidity.
- Freeze-dried food loses only 3% of its nutritional value; On the other hand, dehydrated food loses 40% of its nutritional value. Freeze- dried food weighs less than dehydrated food. Freeze- drying doesn’t change its look or taste of the food. Thus the above mentioned essential attributes are the primary drivers that are driving the Freeze drying equipment market.
- Freeze- dried food is almost as good as the fresh food regarding aroma, taste, and nutritional value. This is the primary driver for Freeze-Drying Equipment industry globally.
- As Freeze-dried food is a convenient option for Hikers, campers, soldiers and astronauts, is also driving the growth for freeze-dried equipment adoption in the food industry.
- The biggest obstacle facing the widespread use of Freeze Drying Equipment is a high investment and energy consumption cost. Although Home freeze-Drying Equipment is often advertised as money-savers, the claim does not withstand scrutiny.
Freeze Drying Equipment Market Segmentation Analysis
- Freeze-drying equipment can be classified based on size, the location of the condenser and by the end user.
- Based on the size of product chamber, Freeze- Drying Equipment are classified as small, standard or large. Home freeze-Drying Equipment is small size. Standard size freeze-Drying Equipment is generally used in R&D.
- Sizeable freeze-Drying Equipment is used in food processing and dairy industry.
- By end user, Freeze-drying equipment can be classified into two categories. Industry use and home use, of which industry is the primary segment. Home freeze Drying Equipment is a hot topic in emergency prepared Industry.
- In developed countries home freeze Drying Equipment are gaining popularity as people value the availability of stored food in situations like natural disasters or political turmoil or hyperinflation.
Analysis Freeze Drying Equipment Market Geographical Share
- North America has the most significant share of the market. Home-freeze Drying Equipment is not popular in developing countries because they are too expensive.
- Dehydrated food is still preferred in Developing countries, as it is cheaper than the freeze-dried equipment. Freeze-dried Food has gained some popularity in western Food processing Industry, especially in Pet Foods Industry.
Freeze Drying Equipment Industry Competitive Landscape
- Some of the key players in the freeze-drying equipment market are Tofflon Science and Technology Co., Ltd, IMA S.p.A., GEA Group, Labconco Corporation, Zirbus, and others. Freeze-drying equipment is difficult to install and require after sales service, so freeze-Drying Equipment companies operate on the domestic level.
- Companies are introducing new and advanced features such as SP Scientific’s Benchtop Pro freeze dryers are available with Omnitronics controller as standard application specific programming.
Key market segments covered
By the size
By location of the condenser concerning the product chamber
By end user
The scope of the report
- The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Freeze-Drying Equipment market is segmented by size (Small, Standard, Large), by the location of the condenser concerning product chamber (Internal, External), and by the end user (Industry, Home). Based on the geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Global Freeze-Drying Equipment Market (Food Grade) across each indication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in Global Freeze-Drying Equipment Market (Food Grade) by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Freeze-Drying Equipment (Food Grade) level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Freeze-Drying Equipment (Food Grade) critical products of all major market players.
- Government Agencies
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Freeze-Drying Equipment Market
1. Global Freeze Drying Equipment Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Scope of the Report
2. Global Freeze Drying Equipment market – Trends & Developments
2.1. Key trends and Developments
3. Global Freeze-Drying Equipment market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Drivers & Restraints
3.2. Porters five forces
4. Global Freeze-Drying Equipment market – Market Segmentation
4.1. By Size
4.2. By location of the condenser with respect to product chamber
4.3. By End User
5. Global Freeze-Drying Equipment Market – Geographical Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The United States
5.2. South America
5.2.3. Rest of South America
5.3.2. United Kingdom
5.3.4. Rest of Europe
5.4.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5. Rest of the World
6. Freeze-Drying Equipment Market – Competitive Landscape
6.1. Market Share/ Rank Analysis
6.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7. Freeze-Drying Equipment Market – Company Profiles
7.1. Millrock Technology Inc.
7.2. SP Scientific
7.3. Cuddon Freeze Dry
7.4. GEA Group
7.5. Zirbus Technology GmbH
7.6. Azbil Telstar, S.L.
7.7. Labconco Corp.
7.8. LTE Scientific Ltd.
7.9. Tofflon Science and Technology Co., Ltd
7.10. IMA S.p.A.
8. Freeze-Drying Equipment Market – Appendix