Table of Contents
Elderly and Disabled Assistive Devices Market is segmented by Product Type (Wheel Chairs, Walking Aids, Mobility Scooters), By End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Adult Day Care Centers), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023-2030.
[150 Pages Report] The Elderly and Disabled Assistive Devices Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecasting period (2023-2030).
Elderly and Disabled Assistive Devices Market - Strategic Insights
By Product Type, By End User, and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other key insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
- Assistive devices help disabled and impaired people to move from one place to another place. They provide independence & stability and serve the requirements of the people with disabilities to perform regular activities.
- Adult people, people with injuries due to accidents, physically handicapped people, and people with spinal cord injuries use assistive devices.
- Assistive devices include wheelchairs, scooters, canes, crutches bicycles, and unicycles. Most of these devices are used by disabled people, who have restricted mobility. These devices are designed for a single person and can be operated manually or powered by a battery.
- Increasing number of road accidents and workplace accidents are boosting elderly and disabled assistive devices market growth over the forecast period. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Each day, almost 3,700 people are killed globally and many people are being injured in road traffic crashes involving cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, or pedestrians.
- Increasing adult population is the major factor driving assistive devices in recent years and is expected to remain same over the forecast period. According to World Health Organization in 2018, between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world's population over 60 years will nearly double from 12% to 22%. These people require assistive devices for their daily activities.
- Government initiatives undertaken for increasing accessibility of these mobility devices is driving elderly and disabled assistive devices market. For example, in United States, National Council on Disability runs awareness program. This group is committed to disability policy leadership. They consider various programs, assist individuals in their daily lives, help with employment issues, housing, and transportation.
- However huge cost of these devices is hampering the global elderly and disabled assistive devices market over the forecast period.
- Based on the device type, global elderly and disabled assistive device market is segmented into walking aids, wheelchairs, and scooters. The wheelchair segment dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period.
- According to US Census Data in 2017, over 3 million Americans use a wheelchair full-time. Wheelchairs are further categorized into transport wheelchairs, heavy-duty and bariatric manual wheelchairs, light and ultra-lightweight wheelchairs, sport wheelchairs, pediatric wheelchairs, and tilt and recliner wheelchairs.
- Walking aids held a significant market share in 2018 and grew at the highest CAGR over the forecast period. Walking aids constitute canes, crutches, walkers, handrails, stairlifts, and others. According to World Bank in 2018, One billion people, or 15% of the world’s population, experienced some form of disability while walking or climbing stairs. These people require walking aids for their daily activities.
- Mobility scooters are registering high growth in recent years, these devices have a seat set on top of either 3, 4, or 5 wheels with handlebars or steering wheels to control direction. Mobility scooter users report a positive impact on their lives due to their choice of mobility aid.
- Based on end-user, global elderly and disabled assistive devices market is categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and adult daycare centers. Hospitals have a significant market share due to the presence of patients and an increasing number of patients.
- The global elderly and disabled assistive devices market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East, and Africa.
- Europe is dominating the global elderly and disabled assistive devices market due to the presence of a more geriatric population. According to a survey by Abode Impact in 2018, there were 1.2 million wheelchair users in the UK. According to World Economic Forum, by 2019, there will be fewer Germans under 30 years old than there are Germans that are above 60 years.
- According to Eurostat Statistics in Europe, in 2019, 14% of the people aged between 15- 64 report a basic activity difficulty such as walking, lifting, sitting or standing, and bending.
- North America has the second-largest market share in global Elderly and Disabled Assistive Devices Market. According to the U.S. Census Bureau in 2017, in United States, there were nearly 40 million Americans with a disability in 2015, representing 12.6% of the civilian non-institutionalized population.
- Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East, and Africa regions are estimated to witness significant growth due to occurrence of road accidents, workplace accidents, and an increasing geriatric population.
- The market is highly fragmented in nature with participants such as TOPRO, Carex Health Brand Incorporation, Drive Medical Design & Manufacturing, Invacare, Sunrise Medical, Pride Mobility, Kaye Products, Electric Mobility, Briggs Healthcare, Patterson Medical, Nova, Eurovema AB, and Graham-Field Health Products Incorporation.
- Companies are striving to grab market share through different strategies such as innovative products, advancements of the existing ones owing to which the competition among existing players is high.
- On January 15, 2019, Hoobox launched first wheelchair controlled by facial expressions
- On January 10, 2018, WHILL launched Ci assistive personal mobility device that integrates IoT for premium care
- On August 12, 2018, QIQ announced a partnership with TPR Invest to Launch 5,000 Electric Shared Personal Vehicles across Vietnam.
- On October 31, 2017, Uber India launched wheelchair-accessible vehicles – Uber ACCESS and Uber ASSIST.
Laser Processing Market
Dental Devices Market
Cellulite Treatment Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy