Breast Prosthesis Market
- The breast prosthesis is an artificial breast form that replaces the shape of all or part of the breast that has been removed.
- Most breast prostheses are made from soft silicone gel encased in a thin film. They’re molded to resemble the natural shape of a woman’s breast or part of a breast.
- It is most often used after surgery for breast either a mastectomy (removal of your breast) or a wide local excision (removal of a lump and some surrounding tissue). The basic types of breast prosthesis include full or standard prosthesis, partial or shaped prosthesis, shell prosthesis, stick-on prosthesis.
- The full or standard prosthesis has various backings designed to go straight against the chest wall where all breast tissue has been removed.
- Partial or shaped prosthesis made of the same silicone material as most full prosthesis and they are worn inside the bra and it is shaped to fill the breast outline. A stick-on prosthesis (full or partial) sticks directly onto the skin. Shell prosthesis is used by women who have had breast reconstruction surgery where symmetry has not been achieved.
- The global breast prosthesis market was worth XX billion in 2018 and is forecasted to reach XX billion by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
Breast Prosthesis Market Dynamics
- Breast Prosthesis Market, Increase in the prevalence of breast cancer across the globe is the primary reason for the mastectomy procedures growth, and it is thereby driving the global breast prosthesis market during the forecast period.
- The breast prosthesis is majorly used by patients during post-mastectomy surgeries, therefore increase in adoption of mastectomy procedures by patients across the globe are leading to the growth of Breast prosthesis market.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, According to the American Cancer Society in 2018, it is estimated that 266,120 new cases of invasive breast cancer cases diagnosed in women.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, According to Breast Cancer organization in 2018, estimated that About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive Breast Cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Breast Prosthesis Market According to the American Cancer Society in 2018, Breast reconstruction among US women undergoing mastectomy has increased from 12% in 1998 to 36% in 2011.
- Major factors hindering the global breast prosthesis market during the forecast period are a high cost associated with the custom made breast prosthesis and storage problems.
Breast Prosthesis Market Segmentation Analysis
- Global breast prosthesis market is segmented by product type, by material type, and by application type. The product type segment includes full or standard prosthesis, partial or shaped prosthesis, shell prosthesis, and stick-on prosthesis, and by application, type includes cancer care and cosmetic surgery.
- By material type segment includes foam, silicon, saline, solution, and polypropylene beads.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, Silicone-based breast prosthesis dominates the global breast prosthesis market during the forecast period owing to its advantages over the other materials it includes realistic look, everyday usage, wider portfolio, and its effectiveness with warmer weather.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, The increased life span and cost-effectiveness of the breast prosthesis are additionally driving the global breast prosthesis market during the forecast period.
Global Breast Prosthesis Market Geographical Share Analysis
- The global breast prosthesis market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominates the global breast prosthesis market during the forecast period owing to the rise in awareness among the diseased population regarding the availability of breast prosthesis and an increase in the diagnosis of invasive breast cancer across the region.
- The rapid rise in awareness campaigns by non-profit organizations reading breast cancer across the region and the developed healthcare structure are additionally contributing to the growth during the forecast period.
- The American Cancer Society estimates that 252,710 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in the United States in 2017 and this is expected to rise rapidly during the forecast period.
Breast Prosthesis Market Competitive Analysis
- Breast Prosthesis Market, Recent FDA approvals of silicone gel based breast implants and cross-region expansion by key players are driving the global breast prosthesis market during the forecast period.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, In August 2018, U.S FDA approved the new silicone gel-filled breast implant manufactured by Sientra Inc.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, In April 2017, The MemoryGel Xtra silicone gel-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Worldwide LLC, received FDA approval.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, In January 2017, U.S FDA approved the NATRELLE INSPIRA SoftTouch breast implants manufactured by Allergen Plc.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, In October 2016, GC Aesthetics a leading global breast implant company launched innovative products IMPLEO and The Matrix to Brazil.
- Breast Prosthesis Market, Major market players in the breast prosthesis market are Allergan Inc, Arion Laboratories, Cereplas, Sientra Inc., Establishment Labs, GC Aesthetics, Groupe Sebbin, Guangzhou Wanhe Plastic Materials, Hans Biomed, Polytech Health & Aesthetics, Ideal Implant, Mentor Worldwide Llc (Johnson & Johnson), Silimed, and others.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Breast Prosthesis Market
1. Breast Prosthesis Market Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The Scope of the market
2. Breast Prosthesis Market Trends
3. Breast Prosthesis Market Outlook
3.5. Supply Chain Analysis
3.6. Technological Advancements
3.7. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4. Breast Prosthesis Market Segmentation Analysis
4.1. By Product Type
4.1.1. Full or Standard Prosthesis
4.1.2. Partial or Shaped Prosthesis
4.1.3. Shell Prosthesis
4.1.4. Stick-On Prosthesis
4.2. By Material Type
4.2.5. Polypropylene Beads
4.3. By Application Type
4.3.1. Cancer Care
4.3.2. Cosmetic surgery
5. Breast Prosthesis Market Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Geographic Overview
5.2. North America
5.2.1. The U.S.
5.3.2. The U.K.
5.3.6. Rest of Europe
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5. Asia Pacific
5.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.6. Rest of World
6. Breast Prosthesis Market Competitive Analysis
6.1. Competitive Scenario
6.2. Heat Map Analysis
6.3. Product Benchmarking
7. Breast Prosthesis Market Company Profiles
7.1. Allergan Inc.
7.2. Arion Laboratories
7.4. Sientra Inc.
7.5. Establishment Labs
7.6. GC Aesthetics
7.7. Groupe Sebbin
7.8. Guangzhou Wanhe Plastic Materials
7.9. Hans Biomed
7.10. Polytech Health & Aesthetics
7.11. Ideal Implant
7.12. Mentor Worldwide Llc (Johnson & Johnson)
8. Breast Prosthesis Market Key companies to watch
9. Breast Prosthesis Market Emerging Companies
10. Breast Prosthesis Market Appendix
10.2. List of Tables
10.3. Expert Panel Validation
10.5. Contact Us