Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market
- Charge Air cooler has been used on turbocharged and supercharged engines. They are designed to cool down the heated intake air that comes from the compressor or turbocharger.
- It is also used in various applications such as air compressors, air conditioners, refrigerators, and gas turbines, and mainly in automotive, it is used as air to air charge air cooler and air to liquid charge air cooler for internal combustion engines to improve their volumetric efficiency by increasing intake air charge density through constant pressure cooling.
- Hot air entering engine may create a higher combustion temperature, which creates a nitrogen oxide formation and increases thermal load on the engine.
- Charge air cooler as an interface, which converts hot air coming from a turbocharger or a supercharger to cool air entering combustion engine.
- It also contributes towards the reduction in turbo lag and improves engine volumetric efficiency.
Global automotive Charge air cooler market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach a market value of USD XXXX million by 2025.
Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Drivers
- The strict government regulations regarding carbon emission reductions and fuel efficiency enhancements by NHTSA’s Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards for passenger cars and light trucks. This will drive the global charge air cooler market.
- The increase in sales of passenger cars due to increasing disposable income and the growth of automobile production will drive the global charge air cooler market.
Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Restraints
- The price of air to liquid charge air cooler is almost double than that of air to air charger air cooler; this will downturn the air to liquid charge air cooler market globally.
- One of the significant restraint to air to liquid charge air cooler market is heat saturation. If the engine has continued acceleration in water, it will retain some of the heat and takes a longer time to cool it off.
Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Segmentation Analysis
By product type
- The product type is segmented by air to air charge air cooler and air to liquid charge air cooler. Air to air charge air cooler has the primary market, and it is expected to grow at the forecast period due to the high price of air to liquid charge air cooler compared to air to air charge air cooler.
- Thus air to liquid charge air cooler will have slow growth in the forecast period.
- Europe is the largest automotive charge air cooler market due to the higher penetration of diesel engine vehicles with penetration of turbochargers. Due to the strict emission norms of the European Commission that supported the charge air cooler market in Europe.
- Asia-Pacific will experience high growth in the forecast period. China and India together account the primary market for passenger cars which will drive the global automotive charge air cooler market.
Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Competitive Trends
- The companies are introducing a new series of products for charge air coolers to offer highly efficient and durable products and to be competitive in the market.
- In May 2018, Ascend Performance Materials, the world’s largest fully integrated producer of nylon 6,6 resin, has introduced XHT, a new series of extreme heat-resistant Vydyne for automotive charge air cooling system.
- The new series has debuted with two grades designed for demanding automotive applications and capable of withstanding prolonged exposure at 210oC and 2300C.
Key market segments covered
BY PRODUCT TYPE
• Air to air Cooled Charge Air Cooler
• Air to Liquid Cooled Charge Air Cooler
BY DESIGN TYPE
• Front mounted intercoolers (FMIC)
• Top mounted intercoolers (TMIC)
• Hybrid mount intercoolers (HMIC)
BY VEHICLE TYPE
• Passenger car
• Commercial vehicle
• Heavy duty vehicle
BY SALES CHANNEL
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the automotive Charge Air Cooler market across each indication, regarding by product type, by design type, by vehicle type, and by sales channel highlighting the vital commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in automotive Charge Air Cooler market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the automotive Charge Air Cooler market – level 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the automotive Charge Air Cooler products of all major market players.
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Scope of the market
2. Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Trends
2.1. Key Market Trends and Developments in Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market
3. Automotive Charge Air Cooler Market Outlook
3.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4. GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE CHARGE AIR COOLER MARKET SEGMENTATION BY PRODUCT
4.1. BY PRODUCT TYPE
4.1.1. Air to air Cooled Charge Air Cooler
4.1.2. Air to Liquid Cooled Charge Air Cooler
4.2. BY DESIGN TYPE
4.2.1. Front mounted intercoolers (FMIC)
4.2.2. Top mounted intercoolers (TMIC)
4.2.3. Hybrid mount intercoolers (HMIC)
4.3. BY VEHICLE TYPE
4.3.1. Passenger vehicle
4.3.2. Commercial vehicle
4.3.3. Heavy duty vehicle
4.4. BY SALES CHANNEL
5. GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE CHARGE AIR COOLER MARKET – BY GEOGRAPHY
5.1. North America
5.2.4. Rest of Europe
5.3. South America
5.3.3. Rest of South America
5.4. Asia Pacific
5.4.4. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.5. Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1. Product benchmarking
6.2. Market Share/ Rank Analysis
6.3. Key strategies adopted by market players
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1. Calsonic Kansei Corporation
7.2. Dana Incorporated
7.3. Denso Corporation
7.4. Hanon Systems
7.5. MAHLE GmbH
7.6. Modine Manufacturing Company
7.7. Rochling Group
7.8. T. RAD Co. Ltd.
7.9. Valeo Group
8.2. List of Tables
8.3. Expert Panel Validation
8.5. Contact Us