Table of Content
Global Automotive Turbocharger Market is segmented By Turbo Charger (Exhaust gas turbocharger, Axial flow turbocharger, Radial flow turbocharger), By Technology Type(Variable geometry turbocharger, Wastegate, Twin turbocharger, Others), By Engine Type(Diesel engine, Gasoline engine), By Vehicle Type (Passenger car, Commercial vehicle, Heavy duty vehicle), By Sales Channel (OEM, Aftermarket), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
[150 Pages Report] The Global Automotive Turbocharger Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
Automotive Turbocharger Market - Strategic Insights
By Turbo Charger, By Technology Type, By Engine Type, By Vehicle Type, By Sales Channel, and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other key insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
- Turbochargers are turbine-driven forced induction devices that improving engines volumetric efficiency by increasing density of the intake gas allowing more power per engine cycle. The turbocharger is used in vehicles such as passenger car, commercial vehicle and high duty vehicle.
- The turbine in the turbocharger spins at speeds of up to 150,000 rotations per minute, i.e., about 30 times faster than most car engines can go.
- Turbochargers are the most affordable green technology available, as it increases fuel efficiency in engine downsizing without compromising performance.
- A turbo fitted to a small engine is equaled to the power of a large engine combined with fuel efficiency and improved emissions of a small engine it delivers up to 20% better fuel economy in vehicles with gasoline engines and up to 40% fuel savings on diesel engines.
International Council on combustion engines (IMO) III regulation 2016 to reduce the specific Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) emissions (about -80% compared to the IMO I values) needs to be achieved in the ECA’s (Emission Control Areas). Sulphur-oxides (Sox) and particulate matter (PM) emissions are to be controlled by limiting the sulfur content of the fuel used in the turbocharger system.
Market Drivers & Restraints
- Fuel-efficiency regulations are driving the use of turbochargers in vehicles and boosting revenue for the Turbocharger manufacturing industry. This is driving the global automotive turbocharger market.
- Rising consumer spending will also increase automotive production, leading to the greater implementation of turbochargers in fuel-efficient vehicles. This will further boost the market for a global automotive turbocharger in the forecast period.
- In larger turbocharger, reaching the boost threshold can provide an almost instantaneous surge in power, which could compromise tire traction or cause some instability of the car. This may downstream from the global automotive turbocharger market.
- The turbochargers get very hot and often tap into the engine’s oil supply. This calls for additional plumbing and is more demanding on the engine oil. Superchargers typically do not require engine oil lubrication. This is a significant restraint for the global automotive turbocharger market.
By turbocharger type
- Exhaust-gas turbochargers enhance performance, increase speed and power as well as engine performance at the same time reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- Axial flow turbochargers are used in aircraft engines because of their large size and heavy weight; these are similar to gas turbochargers. With the fuel flow through the wheel in an axial direction, the axial flow turbocharger compresses air into increasingly smaller spaces using a series of the impeller or axial compressor fans.
- The radial flow turbochargers are the most popular type for automotive applications, the gas inflow is centripetal and is directed from the outside in a radial direction. It can increase the power of an automobile up to 1,000 horsepower.
- Turbocharger sales in the United States got a boost when the federal government’s corporate average fuel economy targets were raised to 35.5 mpg by 2016.
- Europe is the leading region regarding turbocharger adoption across light and commercial vehicles, exceeding 70% penetration by 2015.
- The major players for the global automotive turbocharger market are BorgWarner and Cummins, which collectively account for 77.3% of revenue 2017.
- Cummins has developed a highly optimized mixed flow turbine stage and a revolutionary turbine exit diffuser design with wastegate flow control, and optimization of the compressor stage.
- To improve the performance and efficiency of heavy-duty commercial wastegate turbochargers by using advanced computer modeling and real-world lab testing. This new approach has resulted in improvement in turbocharger efficiency by up to 6% and fuel efficiency of 1.5%.
What is the Automotive Turbocharger Market growth?
The market is growing at a CAGR of 10.3%
What is the Automotive Turbocharger Market size in 2021?
The Automotive Turbocharger Market size was valued at USD YY million in 2021
Who are the key players in Automotive Turbocharger Market?
BorgWarner Inc, Continental AG, Cummins Inc, Delphi Technologies PLC, Honeywell International Inc, Magnum Performance Turbos, Inc, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd, Precision Turbo and Engine, IHI Turbo America.
Japan Automotive Mechanical Testing Market
Automotive Tie Rods Market
Automotive TPMS Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy