- Global Wound Care Management Devices Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.20% in the forecast period 2019-2026.
- The market is majorly driven by the increase in the aging population, rise in chronic wounds, ulcers, diabetic ulcers, and technological advancements.
- Advancements in wound care technology are driving the Wound Care Management Devices market that provides better treatment for patients and elderly clients. Approximately 400,000 Australians suffer from chronic, non-healing wounds, which can mean constant pain and discomfort. New developments have shifted from simple dressings to more advanced devices and products that incorporate pharmaceutically active ingredients.
- The market is affected by the lack of proper reimbursements and high-cost procedures.
- Pharmacological therapies: There are some great innovations in Pharmacology. Pharmaceutical agents such as angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, topical immunosuppressants, and xanthine oxidase inhibitors have been introduced in wound care treatment successfully. According to a European Cardiology research, ACE inhibition improved walking ability and quality of life in patients with the peripheral arterial disease, a common circulatory problem, and positively impacted wound healing.
- Keratin-based wound management: In wound care management treatment, some new Keratin-based wound care products are introduced. Keratins are the major proteins in keratinocytes and are essential for many cellular functions.
- Several countries including Australia and New Zealand have adopted Keratin-based products. Keratin-based hydrogel products can also be used in the treatment of chronic dry wounds, acute wounds and for certain skin conditions that provide moisture to dry wounds, as well as a keratin-rich environment for cell growth and healing.
- Crab Shell bandages: University of Bolton Fibers Science and Technology innovated new patented bandage product made from crab shells in 2016. This is the world’s first bandage made from chitosan which is a mineral found in most crustacean shells. As Alginate, derived from seaweed, is commonly used in bandages serving the purpose of the wound dressing.
- The crab shell bandage not only heals wounds faster but also contains powerful antimicrobial agents that kill several strains of bacteria.
- Vacuum-esque bandages: Debridement is the removal of dead tissue and other harmful debris from a wound. This is an essential part of an effective wound healing regimen.
- Some Australian researchers have introduced a new fast-acting vacuum plaster. This new plaster, called Nanova, is small and lightweight, and it connects to a vacuum pump about the size of a smartphone which creates an area of negative pressure that removes dead tissue and other debris. The added pressure encourages increased blood flow, which causes the wound to heal faster.
- Low-frequency ultrasonic debridement: Low-frequency ultrasonic debridement is used in the healing of wounds by removing unhealthy tissue, reducing bacteria and accelerating healing. This specialized technology is helping to relieve the pain and discomfort of many Australians suffering from chronic, non-healing wounds: Silver Chain Group, an organization who use low-frequency ultrasonic debridement for wound treatment. Patients have seen remarkable improvements in wound healing, mobility, pain relief and overall quality of life.
- Wound Care Management Devices market has the following categories based on the type of product: Advanced Wound Closure (Haemostatic and Sealing Agents, Wound Closure Devices, Tissue Closure Adhesives), Advanced Wound Care (Moist Wound Dressings, Active Wound Care, Therapy Devices).
- Based on applications, the market is segmented Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Devices, Neurology, Paediatrics, and Surgery.
- Further, the market is segmented by an end user such as Hospitals and Community Health Services and Home Healthcare.
- The report segments the geographies by regions, which include North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. North America has the largest market for wound care management devices. India, China, and Australia are expected to have a large market shortly.
- In the year 2016, Smith & Nephew had 16% of the global market for advanced wound management segments. Smith & Nephew is a British-based company that specializes in manufacturing medical equipment such as arthroscopy products and superior wound management products.
- Some products include Hydrofiber dressings, foam dressings, antimicrobial dressings, hydrocolloid dressings, film dressings, alginate dressings, and artificial skin and skin substitutes.
- The major companies in the wound care management devices market include Baxter International, Covidien, Kinetic Concepts, Coloplast, Acelity, Molnlycke, Convatech, Derma Sciences, Integra LifeSciences, and Smith & Nephews.
The scope of the report
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
Reasons to purchase this report
- Visualize the composition of the Wound care management devices in the market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Wound care management devices by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Wound care management devices market -level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the key Wound care management devices products of all major market players.
1. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Executive Summary
2. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Introduction
2.1. Market Definition
3. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Research Methodology
4. Wound Care Management Devices Market Trends
4.1. Key Developments
4.2. Future Market Outlook
5. Wound Care Management Devices Market Outlook
5.1. Market Drivers
5.1.1. Increase in Aging Population
5.1.2. Rise in Chronic Wounds, Ulcers, Diabetic Ulcers
5.1.3. Technological Advancements
5.2. Market Restraints
5.2.1. Lack of Proper Reimbursements
5.2.2. High-Cost Procedures
5.3. Threats and Opportunities
5.4. Porters Five Forces
6. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Product-based Analysis
6.1. By Product
6.1.1. Advanced Wound Closure
22.214.171.124. Haemostatic and Sealing Agents
126.96.36.199.Tissue Closure Adhesives
188.8.131.52. Wound Closure Devices
6.1.2. Advanced Wound Care
184.108.40.206. Moist Wound Dressings
220.127.116.11.1. Alginate Dressings
18.104.22.168.7. Silver Wound Dressings
22.214.171.124. Active Wound Care
126.96.36.199.2. Skin Substitutes
188.8.131.52. Therapy Devices
184.108.40.206.1. Pressure Relief Devices
220.127.116.11.2. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
6.2. By Application
6.2.4. Infectious Devices
6.3. By End User
6.3.1. Hospitals and Community Health Services
6.3.2. Home Healthcare
7. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The USA
7.2.3. The UK
7.2.6. Rest of Europe
7.3. Asia Pacific
7.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
7.4. Middle East and Africa
7.4.2. South Africa
7.4.3. Rest of Middle East and Africa
7.5. South America
7.5.3. Rest of South America
8. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Competitive Analysis
8.1. Market Share Analysis
8.2. Merger and Acquisition Analysis
8.3. New Product Launches
9. Wound Care Management Devices Market – Company Profiles
9.1. Baxter International
9.3. Kinetic Concepts
9.6. Derma Sciences
9.7. Integra LifeSciences
9.8. Smith & Nephews
10. Wound Care Management Devices Market - Appendix
10.2. List of Tables
10.3. Expert Panel Validation
10.5. Contact Us