Skin Cancer Market
- Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer caused due to abnormal growth of skin cells. It is estimated that 90% of the skin cancer is caused majorly due to the solar and artificial ultraviolet radiation (UV).
- The skin cancer market is estimated to reach a market value of USD XX million by 2026 with the market growing at a CAGR of 7.21% in the forecasted period 2018-2026.
- World Health Organization predicts that around 2-3 million non-melanoma skin cancers and 1-1.5 million melanoma skin cancers cases are reported every year with one in three cancers diagnosed is skin cancer and one in five Americans develop skin cancer in their lifetime. It also estimated that a 10% decline in ozone layer results in an additional 0.3 mn non-melanoma cases and around 4,500 melanoma cases.
- Growing incidents of skin cancers rise in global warming leading to depletion of ozone layer, increasing awareness about the treatment especially in the emerging nations, favorable reimbursement policies, high investment in R & D, and promising products in the pipeline are some of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- Available of alternate treatment options, a high cost of the treatment, significant side effects affected with the treatment of the skin cancer are the key factors restraining the growth of the market.
- Growing technological innovations for the development of drugs and treatment, use of combination therapies for the procedure, and increasing strategic alliances between the companies, and increased focus by companies in developing low-cost drugs are also favorably impacting the growth of the market.
- The skin cancer market is segmented by indication type, by treatment, end user, and by geography. By Indication type, non-melanoma cancer accounts for the most significant market value due to a large number of patients. There are currently fewer drugs available for the treatment of melanoma with meager success rate.
- Basal Cancer is the most common form of skin cancer with an estimated 4.3 million cases each year followed by Squamous cell carcinoma with around 1 million cases. Surgery is the most preferred treatment option for the treatment of non-melanoma cancer due to high success rate (99%).
- By Geography, United States account for the most significant market value due to increasing patients for skin cancer, the rise in product availability, reduction in product prices due to Patent expiry. Asia-pacific is growing at a faster rate in the forecasted period with the patient’s growth rate higher in Australia and New Zealand.
- Australia also has the highest incidence rate in 2018 for non-melanoma skin cancer. The annual cost of treating skin cancers in the U.S. is estimated at 8.1 billion is about USD 4.8 billion for non-melanoma skin cancers and USD 3.3 billion for melanoma
Skin Cancer Market Segmentation Analysis
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Malignant Melanoma
- Non-Invasive Treatments
- Hospital and Clinics
- Cancer Research Institutes
Skin Cancer Market Competitive Trends
- The global skin cancer market is highly consolidated with few companies accounting for the majority of the market share. Companies are highly investing in R & D and are collaborating with other companies for developing products. Solaraze, Aldara, Erivedge, Carac are some of the major drugs for the treatment of the skin cancer in the market.
Some of the major companies in the global skin cancer market include
- Meda Ab
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals
Research Report Scope
- Skin Cancer Product Pipeline Analysis
- Skin Cancer Product Sales
- Skin Cancer Market Value
- Skin Cancer Market Share by Geography and Product type
- Skin Cancer Epidemiology
- Skin Cancer Product Analysis
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the skin cancer market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Tracks all the companies in the market to analyze the market share, drug sales, and product pipeline analysis in the skin cancer industry.
- Identify commercial opportunities in skin cancer market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the skin cancer market – level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the vital skin cancer market products of all major market players.
- Cancer Drug Manufacturers
- Research and Development Companies
- Medical Laboratories and Cancer Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Skin Cancer Companies
Skin Cancer Market
1. Skin Cancer Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research methodology
1.2. Scope of the Report
2. Skin Cancer Market – Executive Summary
3. Skin Cancer Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1. Suppliers Power
3.3.2. Buyer Power
3.3.3. Industry Competition
3.3.4. Threat of New Entrant
3.3.5. Threat of Substitutes
4. Skin Cancer Market – Clinical Trial Analysis
5. Skin Cancer Market – Product Pipeline Analysis
6. Skin Cancer Market – Epidemiology Analysis
6.1. Basal Cell Carcinoma
6.2. Squamous Cell Carcinoma
6.3. Malignant Melanoma
7. Skin Cancer Market – Segmentation by Treatment Type
7.3. Non-Invasive Treatments
8. Skin Cancer Market – Segmentation by End User
8.1. Hospital and Clinics
8.2. Cancer Research Institutes
9. Skin Cancer Market – Geographical Analysis
9.1. North America
9.1.1. United States
9.2.1. United Kingdom
9.2.5. Rest of Europe
9.3.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4. South America
9.4.3. Rest of South America
9.5. Rest of the World
10. Skin Cancer Market – Competitive Landscape
10.1. Market Share Analysis
10.2. Company Benchmarking
10.3. Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
11. Skin Cancer Market – Company Profiles*
11.5. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
11.8. Eli Lilly
11.9. Johnson & Johnson
11.12. Meda Ab
11.13. Valeant Pharmaceuticals
11.14. Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc
12. Skin Cancer Market – Appendix
12.2. List of Charts
12.3. Expert Panel Validation
12.5. Contact Us
*Note: Additional company profiles will be included on request