Salicylic Acid Market
- The global salicylic acid market was worth the US XX billion in 2018 and expected to reach US XX billion by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
- Salicylic acid is a white crystalline solid organic compound. It is a mono hydroxybenzoic acid that is derived naturally from the willow tree and Salix, or it can also be produced synthetically from sodium phenolate and carbon dioxide.
- Due to the increase in its demand in various end-user industries is predicted to propel the global salicylic acid growth at a higher CAGR over the forecast period.
Salicylic Acid Market Dynamics
- Growth in various end-user industries is one of the major factors boosting the global salicylic acid market. Owing to its fungicidal, anti-inflammatory, keratolytic, pain reveling and anti-microbial properties, salicylic acid is finding several applications in the cosmetics, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
- Salicylic acid is a commercial chemical and essential component of aspirin. Rise in human infectious diseases such as fever, cough, and cold are fuelling the demand for aspirin as a pain killer.
- For instance, in 2017, according to the survey conducted by the frontier organization, aspirin is the mostly used medicine worldwide. About 80 million pounds of aspirin is produced globally, and 100 billion tablets consumed every year. This, in turn, resulted in an increasing demand for salicylic acid.
- However, salicylic acid can cause a rare but serious allergic reaction or severe skin irritation along with skin dryness, and peeling. Also, salicylates applied to the skin are can be absorbed into the bloodstream and can cause Reye’s syndrome, and sometimes fatal condition in children.
- These factors are hindering the global salicylic acid market growth.
- In January 2019, a study by Danish environment ministry stated that salicylic acid is also an endocrine disruptor.
Salicylic Acid Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on the application the global salicylic acid market is broadly segmented as Pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, and others. Among all these cosmetic applications accounted for the major market and is projected to grow at a higher CAGR over the forecast period. This is due to its expanding applications in the treatment of skin related problems such as psoriasis, acne, dandruff, and others.
- Also, the safety of cosmetics is a major concern. Thus, growing consumer awareness about the health benefits of salicylic acid-based skincare and hair care products due to its anti-inflammatory properties is a major factor that is fueling the growth of the global salicylic acid market.
Salicylic Acid Market Geographical Analysis
- The global salicylic acid market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. North America occupies the dominant share in the salicylic acid market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% in the forecast period.
- It is due to growing healthcare, food industries along with raising awareness among people regarding the use of these products in cosmetics and other purposes. Salicylic acid is also used in a wide range of food processing applications to prevent spoilage of packaged food products from fermentation.
- For instance, according to ACS, about 70% of the diet of the average US resident is from processed foods. Thus, growing processed food industry has anticipated the growth of salicylic acid in this region.
Salicylic Acid Market Competitive Analysis
- Significant players of the salicylic acid market are Alfa Aesar, Alta Laboratories Ltd., Hebei Jingye Group, JM Loveridge Limited, Novacap, Shandong Xinhua Longxin Chemical Co., Ltd., Siddharth Carbochem Products Ltd., Zhenjiang Gaopeng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., and others.
- The Global Salicylic Acid market is highly fragmented due to the participation of many established and emerging players. Majority of them are adopting a few key strategies such as expansions, product launches, mergers and acquisitions, and others to maintain their share in the global salicylic acid market.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the salicylic acid market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the salicylic acid market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the salicylic acid market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Salicylic Acid Market
1. Salicylic Acid Market Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Salicylic Acid Market Industry Trends
3. Salicylic Acid Market Outlook
3.1. Market Snippet by Application
3.2. Market Snippet by Region
4. Salicylic Acid Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Impacting Factors
4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Salicylic Acid Market – Industry Analysis
5.1. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
5.3. Pricing Analysis
5.4. Regulatory Analysis
5.5. Patent Analysis
6. Application-based Analysis
6.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
6.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
6.2. Food & Beverages
6.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
6.3.1. Wart remover
6.5. Hair Care
7. Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
7.2. North America
7.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
7.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
7.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
7.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
7.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
7.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
7.4. South America
7.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
7.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
7.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
7.5. Asia Pacific
7.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
7.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
7.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
22.214.171.124. Rest of Asia Pacific
7.6. Middle East & Africa
7.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
7.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
8. Salicylic Acid Market Competitive Analysis
8.1. Competitive Scenario
8.2. Competitor Salicylic Acid Strategy Analysis
8.3. Comparative Form Portfolio Analysis
8.4. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
8.5. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
9. Salicylic Acid Market Company Profiles
9.1. Alfa Aesar
9.1.1. Company Overview
9.1.2. Form Portfolio and Description
9.1.3. Key Highlights
9.1.4. Financial Overview
9.2. Alta Laboratories Ltd.
9.3. Hebei Jingye Group
9.4. JM Loveridge Limited
9.6. Shandong Xinhua Longxin Chemical Co., Ltd.
9.7. Siddharth Carbochem Products Ltd.
9.8. Zhenjiang Gaopeng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
9.9. Company 9
9.10. Company 10
10. Global Salicylic Acid Market – Premium Insights
11. Global Salicylic Acid Market – DataM
11.2. About Us and Services
11.3. Contact Us