Prostate Cancer Market
- Prostate cancer is the second most frequently diagnosed cancer in the world and the fifth leading cause of cancer death among men. The average age of a prostate cancer diagnosis is 66 years.
- However, one-time screening and early diagnosis are likely to increase the success rate of treatment.
- The global Prostate Cancer market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 18 billion by 2026.
Prostate Cancer Market Drivers
- Increasing disease prevalence will act as the primary driver for market growth.
- Around 200,000 men are diagnosed with it every year, and most of them are over the age of 50. It is estimated that nearly 30,000 men died because of prostate cancer in 2018.
- Other market drivers include rapid advancement in oncology screening and diagnostics as well as innovations in drug development.
- However, the high cost associated with diagnostic tests and adverse effects of treatment will affect market growth.
- An increasing trend is to bring effective immune-based cancer treatments to patients with prostate cancer.
- Immunotherapy is a promising new treatment currently being developed in research. Provence, also known as sipuleucel-T is the only FDA-approved immunotherapy for prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer Market Segmentation Analysis
- The Global Prostate Cancer market report segments the market by therapy, by end-user, and by region.
- Based on therapy, the market is segmented into hormonal treatment; chemotherapy; immunotherapy; radiation and focal therapies.
- Based on the end user, the global Prostate Cancer market has been segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and specialty clinics.Hospital end-user type segment is expected to account for the highest share.
Prostate Cancer Market Geographical Share
- Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. North America is the leading global market with the largest revenue share in 2017 owing to the high prevalence of the disease in the US. Next to skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men. As per the American Cancer Society’s, about 164,690 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed in 2018. Hence, this region witnesses high investment in R&D for the development of newer immunotherapies.
Prostate Cancer Market Report Scope
By Therapy Type
- Hormone therapy
- Focal therapies
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World.
Why should I purchase this report?
- Visualize the composition of Prostate Cancer market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for crucial Prostate Cancer products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Prostate Cancer Market
1. Prostate Cancer Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2.Prostate Cancer Market – Industry Trends
2.1 Key Trends & Developments
3. Prostate Cancer Market – Market Outlook
3.1 Market Drivers
3.1.1 Innovations in drug development
3.2 Market Restraints
3.2.1 The high cost associated with diagnostic tests
3.2.2 Adverse effects of treatment
3.2.3 Castration-resistant prostate cancer
3.2.4 Prostate cancer patients
3.3 Threats and Opportunities
3.2 Porter’s 5 Forces
4. Prostate Cancer Market - Product-based Analysis
4.1 By Therapy Type
4.1.1 Hormone therapy
220.127.116.11 External-beam radiation therapy
4.1.5 Focal therapies
4.1.7 High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
4.2 By End-User
4.2.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
4.2.3 Specialty Clinics
5. Prostate Cancer Market - Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The USA
5.2.3. The UK
5.2.6. Rest of Europe
5.3. Asia Pacific
5.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5 Rest of the World
6. Prostate Cancer Market - Competitive Trends
6.1. Market Share Analysis
6.2. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
6.3. New Product Launches
7. Prostate Cancer Market - Company Profiles
7.1 Johnson & Johnson
7.2 Astella, Inc.
7.3 Sanofi Aventis
7.5 Bayer AG
7.7 Valent Pharmaceuticals LLC
8. Prostate Cancer Market - Appendix
8.2 List of Tables
8.3 Expert Panel Validation
8.5 Contact Us